• In the Spotlight:

How do I get the smell of skunk out of my house?

It seems that there was a skunk war in our yard. The stench has permeated the bricks and plaster. I welcome all suggestions short of arson.

Asked by rkoloms at 6:16 AM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Home & Garden

• We had a skunk in the yard recently too. that smell can get in through the tiniest crack in a window or anywhere else that isn't air tight.. My house smelled like that for a few days then it was gone. If it's warm enough, open the windows and let it air out.
    Krysden

Answer by Krysden at 7:02 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Smell outside or inside the house? Inside the house sprinkle baking soda everywhere on the carpets & furniture. Let it sit for several hours then vacuum up. Repeat as neccessary. Add baking soda to washing your curtains.

Outside: Wash your siding. Charcoal is supposed to absorb smells. Try crushing charcoal and sprinkle in yard.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 6:57 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• There is a product called Odormute that cleans up organic smells. I spray my yard with it to get rid of the dog smell. It can be used on carpet and fabrics and is supposed to get skunk smell out.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 12:10 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Ewww, sucks to be you! I have no advice short of buying a product from me that kills it all - a friend's house got sprayed, she used this product on the outside to wash and on the inside to "deoderize" and she said the smell was gone after about a full day.
    Anonymous