my baby is almost 2 and sheacts like something on thein side is ichie is there a reason why they do that should i be concernd or is it something that they go through

when im holding her she grabs her legs like they hurt or she is ichie or she will put her arms together and grab them and start rubbing them or iching them and she fusses when she does that .she acks like it reaally hurt or ichie she even does it in her sleep she crys reaaly hard in her sleep its not allday its just part of the day .peolpe tell me i worrry to much if i dont worry about who will.should i be concerned.hope some one can help me .she is my only girl and the last baby im having.thank you to anyone who can help me

pettie8

Asked by pettie8 at 6:26 AM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• if she is itchy, it could be dry skin because of the weather. Try rubbing some good lotion on her after her bath and see if that helps. if there's no rash on her skin, she's probably OK and not suffering from an allergic reaction. Also, make sure she gets plenty of water/juice in the winter because heat from the furnace could be drying her little body out pretty bad. Our 19 mo drinks a ton of water during the winter, and after his bath, I rub him down lightly with a soft towel then smother him in lotion. It removes any dry skin that may be irritating him and he loves it.
    Also, check her clothes - they may be irritating her, especially pajamas. If the fabric feels rough to you then it's going to be twice as bad to her.
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 7:03 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I agree with the PP, switch laundry detergents to a natural one, preferably without chemicals (meaning bought at a healthfood store, Walmart/Safeway/Kroger doesn't sell them).

If that doesn't seem to help look at her diet. Is she eating lots of strawberries? Citrus? Honey or chocolate? Nuts? Little kids are very prone to food allergies, especially if these foods were given before at least 1, if not 2.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 7:50 AM on Mar. 9, 2010