( this could be Just for fun)Do you sleep on the edge?

Have you ever spent the night sleeping on the edge of the mattress to make sure you got your point across to your husband, that you were mad at him? And while you layed there mad trying to prevent him from remotely touching you, he slept soundly?
I just thought this was funny, when I heard it.

jewjewbee

Asked by jewjewbee at 7:40 AM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• I agree it is self punishment and iyes I've self punished. Really it's a waste of time. Talking is more productive!
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 9:24 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I have done this!! and it has been an uncomfortable night!

Answer by older at 7:41 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• No. When I'm mad at him he damn well knows it lol. If I'm not sleeping because I'm pissed off then neither is he because we're up working it out.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 7:46 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Nope. The one time that I wanted him to know I was mad at him, I made my point by turning the TV on and off, getting up and going to the living room, checking on the kids, opening and closing doors. lol I made it impossible for him to sleep. At one point, he was like, "That's like the 5th time you've turned the TV on. Is there something you want to tell me?" I don't get mad at him often, though, and when I do, I usually want to make up right away. I did, however, when I was with my ex-husband, frequently sleep on the edge of the bed. Until I learned that I could kick him out of bed anytime my son wanted to sleep in the bed. :) I was sneaky. lol
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 7:47 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• When I'm pissed I'll do the opposite, take up all the room on the bed and put a pillow at my side between us. When he is pissed at me he will be real loud in the morning while I'm still sleeping slamming doors and leaving the bright hall light on at 5:30am ..

kjfamily

Answer by kjfamily at 7:52 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• lol.. sounds she is only punishing herself.. the only time I purposely slept on the edge of the bed was when our twins were babies and were in our then queen size bed.. 2 adults + 2 infants in the middle = mom on one edge, dad on other edge.. both holding onto the head board so you don't roll in either direction because that would result in falling in the floor or rolling onto a baby.. You wake up stiff and sore all over,very uncomfortable bad night's sleep. I don't recommend it!

munchkinaplenty

Answer by munchkinaplenty at 9:15 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I always sleep on the edge..He is a cuddler I am not..so .every night..I scoot and I scoot..and he ends up on my side and I am on the edge...I swear no one has ever slept on his bloody side..lol..I now have a pillow I keep on the edge to hold me in the bed..LOL(And I have tried getting out and sleeping on his side..he just turns over and slides back across.....I cry for twin beds..!!!! muahaha)
    Just_Bethy

Answer by Just_Bethy at 9:33 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Sure have! It depends on the situation. Now he's constantly watching me, touching me and making sure I'm alive.
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 9:37 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I stopped doing that when Adam decided to be "funny" (so he says) and pushed me so I almost fell off the bed. He caught me, but yea that wake up call sucked!!! lol
    Domzmom2005

Answer by Domzmom2005 at 9:53 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• No, but we did make a rule before we were married that we'd never go to bed angry. We have kept that promise in the ten years of marriage to each other even during times of great agitation and exhaustion we've stayed up and hashed it out until we settled things with each other. To be honest I think its one reason why we rarely argue and do get along so well.
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 10:50 AM on Mar. 9, 2010