What things would intice you to purchase raffle tickets ??

Ok Momma I am heading up a raffle and need ideas of what would be the best money makers. What ideas can you tell me would make you want to buy a ticket.

General public no boundaries fro who it would be for.

myrtlebeach

Asked by myrtlebeach at 8:03 AM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Entertainment

• Store Gift Cards
    A game system such as the WII
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:22 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• A couple hundred dollars and maybe some of the raffle money benefiting charity or a good cause!

kjfamily

Answer by kjfamily at 8:41 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Honestly, the thing that convinces me the most to buy one is if it's for a group or cause I want to support, not so much because I expect to win the raffle, so whatever you do, I would "talk up" how it's to support ___, or how the money raised is going to be used for ___.

As far as specific items, you could try gift certificates to restaurants, tickets to an event (like a concert, sporting event, or some other big thing going on in your area), that sort of thing. Game systems, computer stuff, etc is also a good idea.

You could consider putting together some themed baskets (like dinner gift certificate and tickets to something in one, a game system and a gift card to Game Crazy in another, etc.). If you have a couple of gift baskets, you could draw for a few of them, and advertise it as "a chance to win one of the following prizes" sort of thing.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 8:43 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• OH - lol, sorry, I forgot - another good raffle idea is a 50/50 drawing. Basically, the prize is that they get 50% of whatever you raise with the raffle. You have to be able to keep really good track of how many tickets are sold and be willing to show it to the winner though, and sometimes you can set a minimum and / or a maximum amount that they can win this way.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 8:46 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I like the theme gift baskets like a spa basket or a cooking basket. I also like the night out on the town things like a night in a local hotel with dinner. You can never go wrong with money too. I don't know I a sucker for raffles and stuff I'll buy tickets no matter what.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 9:53 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• The group cause is the biggest one. Then if you have like buy 1 at a dollar or 6 at 5 dollars, I usually end up buying the 6. As prizes I usually look for something that is useful but I normally wouldn't purchase for myself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• So making sure that people know its for the dancers from our dance studio to perform in Disney World is the most important thing???
    myrtlebeach

Answer by myrtlebeach at 10:21 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• yes it is important to know who it for! I am more likely to buy a ticket for a group of kids who are trying to reach an important goal then to buy a ticket from some random person who is just trying to make extra cash or pay a bill they should be able to pay on their own. (I've seen it happen, I went to a "benefit dance" then found out the dance was to raise money so some lady and her boyfriend could put a down payment on a house. Not cool.)

Anonymous

• Sorry, my family said it's gambling (taking a chance) so it's wrong in our family. So there is nothing you could offer me that I'd put money on in hopes of the chance of winning. Do you tell people the odds of winning when they buy the ticket? I believe in full disclosure.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• The last pp's answer is why it's important to me to know what the group is / what the cause is for. I don't gamble, but I don't mind buying raffle tickets, because to me, it's more about basically making a donation to the group than it is about trying to win the prize. Just like I'm likely to pay $5 for a couple of cookies or a cupcake at a bake sale (especially if the sign says "by donation" and there isn't a set price on it). It shows me that they are at least trying to earn the money (organizing the raffle, getting the items to be raffled, baking the stuff they're selling, washing the car, whatever), as opposed to just wanting me to give them money.

It's that whole "give a man a fish / give him a fishing pole" thing ;-)

btw - If I lived in your area, I would buy a raffle ticket from your group definitely say what it's for :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 6:16 PM on Mar. 10, 2010