Home schooling.

Good morning ladies!! My daughter is 3 years old and I'm planning to home school her. I was wondering if anyone could help me out with where I should go to get the information that I need. Materials, ect. Thanks!

Kimmers1116

Asked by Kimmers1116 at 8:32 AM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• find a homeschooling group in your area, they will be your best bet
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 8:36 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• National Home Education Network (NHEN) provides extensive information and resources related to home schooling, including a directory of state laws pertaining to home schooling.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:40 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Home School Legal Defense Association (HSLDA) was founded as a legal assistance organization for the U.S. and international home schooling communities, particularly those choosing to home school because of religious convictions, but also offers a wide variety of information and resources pertaining to the home school movement.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:41 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• National Home Education Research Institute (NHERI) is an organization providing research and statistics on homeschooling.
    Anonymous

• National Tutoring Association (NTA) is the largest U.S. professional association for tutors and provides certification as well as other services for tutors, remedial educators, and private special educators at all education levels.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:42 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• As far as materials...go where teachers go. You can go to your local educational supply store. They sell items used in classrooms, manipulative's, and great learning tools. For actual text books you can browse on line. You could call several local schools and ask what texts they use for their grade/subjects and then look them up. Materials, in my opinion, isn't really the hard part. There are a ton of things available.  For me it is the actual doing the lesson plans and structuring how learning is going to look.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 8:42 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Rainbow resources has a huge catalog. Go to their website and they can send you one. Start finding other homeschool parents and asking what type of curriculum they use. It's hard to buy curriculum without seeing it first. Some local homeschool groups may have a curriculum fair where you can actually go see it before you buy.  Also find out your state laws so you keep all the records you need and file the forms you need.  Usually you don't have to do that until they are regular school age, but it helps to get prepared now.

BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 10:00 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• We seriously considered homeschooling, but there was no way that I could prepare our child for college, or provide her with academic scholarship opportunities.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:03 PM on Mar. 9, 2010