Have you ever got in a fight with your husband in the middle of the night?

Help me settle this fight...
Last night while I was going to sleep I told my husband to turn the TV down. He got all mad at me because I woke him up! He went to sleep on the couch. Then he comes up hours later. I tried cuddling with him and he kept moving away from me because he was mad. Then he put a pillow between us, by my head, to block me! I was annoyed and said "do you have to sleep with this pillow here"? He said "yes". So I went to the couch! So we both had a crappy night!
Now I'm mad at him and he's mad at me! Who's to blame, me or him? I think he's the one who was inconsiderate! He said he needs his sleep so he can work and I'm just a SAHM! What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:52 AM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Sooner or later someone is going to have to talk you can only be mad at eachother for so long I do agree with NannyB.

But since it happened the way it did it is going to take one of you to be the bigger person it sounds like it could be you he sounds like he has some growing up to do. OH and as far as you guys sleeping in different bedroom..well that is a BIG NO NO once you do that it will just make it easier to leave the room in the future instead of working things out no matter how mad you are with eachother sleep in the same bed and never go to bed mad it is not healthy for your realationship. GL

I hope you resolve this.

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:19 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• To be perfectly candid, you are both being pretty immature. All this started over what??? Turning the TV down. Hmmm.....you could have just turned it down yourself. Then there would have not been a problem--no fight. I would just say "Sorry, should have done it myself and left you alone. Can you ever forgive me?" I am not excusing how he handled his end either, but the truth is the only person you have any control over is yourself. And somebody has to be big enough to say "sorry" and start the healing of the rift.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:57 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• He was being really juvenile with the pillow. He needs to grow up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I agree with NannyB. Some things just aren't worth fighting over. In the end, does it really matter who's right or wrong? This is coming from a very stubborn woman who ALWAYS has to be right but has learned after 14 years of marriage that a peaceful home is worth much more than being right all the time.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 9:57 AM on Mar. 9, 2010