Dating someone you know you shouldn't?

Has anyone else been attracted to someone they know isn't good for them? I've recently started seeing someone who is a lot of fun but is definitely not right for me in the long fun. Has anyone else been there and what did you do? Continue to have fun for the time being? or end things now?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:09 AM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• I think it depends on what you are looking for. Are you looking for a long term relationship or are you just looking to have fun? If you want something more serious in the future then I'd say leave him alone b/c he'll be nothing but trouble and heartache. A lot of women make the mistake of falling in love w/ the wrong man and think that they can change them. A man is not going to change unless he wants to.
    DaGoodLife

Answer by DaGoodLife at 9:14 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Yup, he's bad news but I just can't seem to leave. He's military and a decent guy just not the right guy for me but he's a hoot and I just can seem to walk away.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Thanks ladies! I just got out of a 3 yr relationship so all I'm really looking for is fun, I do like this guy, but I think if I keep myself in check he can be good for me for now. Plus he's a bit older and has had a vasectomy so he can't get me pregnant which right now is a big plus lol! At least I know I won't get trapped with him forever by having a kid. I just have to keep myself from falling for him and everything will be fine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Even though he "can't get you pregnant", he could still give you an std or nine. Make sure he wears a glove!!! No glove, no love!
    Ann_Ony_Mouse

Answer by Ann_Ony_Mouse at 9:47 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Oh yea def!! Believe me I know all about that. Even when I use protection I still always worry about it breaking and getting pregnant so this gives me one less thing to worry about! I'm 24 and he's almost 35 so we know the drill lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Yes, I dated someone for 6 months and I knew it wasn't going to work. I had a ton of fun and the sex was great. It hurt when w e finally ended it but then I met my husband and all is history. I don't regret it one bit!
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 11:48 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Depends on how you look at it.
    You are not searching for mister right, he's just mister right now.
    and then if you continue the realtionship mr. right could pass you by because you are taken.
    Anonymous

• Thanks Bjane. And anonymous, I was thinking that too, but Im not sure I'm ready for Mr. Right at the moment and if he's meant to be it'll happen. I hope...
    Anonymous

• be careful as you already say"I cant seem to walk away"...women think they can play the man deal where its just fun...but somehow the feelings sneak in. plus if this man is really no good, your name being tied to him could be a problem. not saying not to have fun, just be careful, it has a way of turning.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 6:07 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Thanks bears, if things ended id be fine, i just don't feel the need to walk away yet. Things seem to be going somewhere and he's making changes on his own so we'll see where things get to.
    Anonymous