shutting down so gays ca not adopt.

Catholic Charities of Boston announced that the agency will end its adoption work, deciding to abandon its founding mission, rather than comply with state law requiring that gays be allowed to adopt children. Why should a religous church be forced to comply with something that God says is not right? They do not feel gay marraige is right so why would they help them have a family or be forced to?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:13 AM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• They should not have to comply, that's ridiculous.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:18 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I do not believe homosexuality is right. I am a christian and know marriage is between and man and woman. They reproduce gays can't its against nature. Where we draw the line i do not know but I do not feel that a catholic adoption agency should be forced to adopt to them its against their belief they help children who have no one. It seems ver selfish to me that gay people would want this even if they were being denied its hurting children more then themselves. Every way now and days I see God being forced out of everything. There needs to be protection for Christians in this way.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• well, it'd be wrong of me to run a business and refuse to help blacks, even if I were to quote the bible in my reasoning.
    So what, you think churches can ignore the rules about discrimination?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• They don't have to, hence the reason they are shutting down.  I just think it is despicable of them to make poor innocent children suffer by denying them loving families.  But then again, their stance on birth control is the reason a lot of those children are in need of adoption in the first place.  Which brings us back to my theory that the world would be a much better place without religion.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:20 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Catholic Charities of Boston announced that the agency will end its adoption work, deciding to abandon its founding mission, rather than comply with state law requiring that gays be allowed to adopt children. Why should a religous church be forced to comply with something that God says is not right? They do not feel gay marraige is right so why would they help them have a family or be forced to? "

This is absoultely disgusting! ANd these people are a people "of God"? You have got to be kidding me! So, they would rather deny helping needy children, all for their callous, judgmental fingerpointing at the parents walking in to adopt?! Seriously?!!! What about the greater good...giving kids a loving, warm home with parents who will provide them a wonderful life?!!
    So now people don't want gays having families as well not getting married? Who the hell are they to judge like that?! GMAFB!!!
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 9:20 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• " It seems ver selfish to me that gay people would want this even if they were being denied its hurting children more then themselves. Every way now and days I see God being forced out of everything"

Selfish?! Selfish to wantt to provide a loving home to needy children? Selfish?! You need to look up the definition of selfish!! God can't be forced out of your heart my dear, unless your faith is so shaky that gay couples raising kids is powerful enough to shake god right the heck out of your life. If so, I'd say you don't have any faith at all.
    Get a grip. Don't be gay and pray your ass off that your kids don't turn out gay.
    If it's unnatural to be gay, why do straight parents produce gay kids?!
    And if god is all powerful and created EVERYthing on this earth, he created gay people. He loves them just as you claim he loves others.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 9:23 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• if gays should have kids hump maybe they shouldn't be gay its obvious if you are kids aren't in the question for you.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:27 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Beeky and sahmamax2, has about said it all. Jesus would not turn his back on any children that need a good stable home, and this is what homosexual couples have to offer. In some states they are allowed to foster for years but not adopt, how hypocritical is that?

Answer by older at 9:27 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• It's not about race. It's about lifestyles. Big difference. They're not forced to allow non married heterosexual couples to adopt because of lifestyle.

oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 9:27 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• At least gays can get IV and have their own kids. Or have a surrogate! Thank goodness they still have the ability to birth their own kids!!
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 9:28 AM on Mar. 9, 2010