How do you find a good Cancer care center?

If you have no friends or family that would know. How do you find a good cancer care center? Especially if you can't afford a long drive. In the Midwest. In central WI.

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 9:27 AM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Health

• Ask your primary care physician who he recommends.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• From the op. Since most of our life. We had inadequate care for health care. I have NO primary care DR. Thank you for answering.
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 9:38 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I don't know, sorry.
    I'm pretty turned off by cancer societies right now, ever since I found out that they do next to NOTHING about finding a cure. Most money donated to them goes to diagnosis, chemo (poison) and meds "to help you feel better after chemo (more poison)." Sickening.

Try watching "Run from the Cure" (you can find it online) and consider that instead.

Good luck with everything.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• call your local hospital, many small hospitals are now part of larger hospitals and care can be gotten through either of them. For cancer support your local hospital or that associated larger hospital should have support groups.

If you're near a larger city or can drive to one or bus or train, that larger city probably has a larger or more than one larger hospital in it to talk to about appointments and care.

The Wellness Community has different support groups in different parts of the country too, other patients might be able to
    recommend a physician or hospital. I don't have cancer but I've had more than one time for different biopsies.

If you want, pm me just tell me your town and I'll pm you back with different hospitals and types of care, it's your choice to comment on a cancer type for either yourself or a loved one in the pm. I know from researching for myself and for my family it's draining emotionally.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 9:53 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• http://www.networkofstrength.org/programs/

This is the link for the Breast Cancer Center. You can also call them at 1-800-221-2141. They counsel people on all aspects of breast cancer. I'm sure they will be able to help you find a treatment center and figure out how to pay for it. Give them a call.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 10:41 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Here is a link about finding clinical trials for breast cancer research/treatment.

http://www.cancer.gov/clinicaltrials/finding/treatment-trial-guide
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 10:44 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• There is some good info here too:

http://ww5.komen.org/Content.aspx?id=8894
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 10:48 AM on Mar. 9, 2010