Outside play ideas

I live in a trailer park so I'm limited in what we can have outside. No swing sets, no pools, no trampolines. Booo.... lol. We have no trees in the yard our kids can climb, no sidewalk to use chalk on (rock driveway). What can they have outside to keep them happy and entertained in our yard? We have a slip n slide, they have bikes (which my son doesn't like, though I think it may be easier for him to ride in the grass if we can do 2 wheels this summer so we will work on that). What else can I have out there to keep it fun for them. They are 8 and 11 BTW.

TanyaR1024

Asked by TanyaR1024 at 9:37 AM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Bubbles, Moon Sand (because it's too messy to play with indoors), fly a kite.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• If you have a spot for a basketball hoop, that is something good for all ages. Waterguns are always funn and help keep them cool.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:41 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Maybe I should get a rubbermaid container and fill it with outside toys to keep in the shed? Thats another thing, all we have is the shed and its pretty full and people will steal things if we leave them outside :/ I could put water guns, balls, shovels in it....what else? Hmm I wonder if my DH would let us attach a basketball hoop to the shed lol. Thanks for the ideas!
    TanyaR1024

Answer by TanyaR1024 at 9:56 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• soccer balls, lacrosse sticks, frisbees, bubbles, toy guns (if you allow), squirt guns, baseball glove and balls, volleyball net/balls, gliders (I think they are a few bucks at Walmart) , sand pit (just dump some sand in an area-cover with tarp when not using it) horse shoes, crouquet set, flash lights at night (all of this you can get used or at WalMart pretty inexpensive)
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 9:59 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• My kids go worm hunting--they catch them and let them go, and frog hunt--bubbles, rock finding, bikes, freeze tag, my DD is 9 and my DS is 6 and they love worms and frogs and snakes.
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 10:04 AM on Mar. 9, 2010