how do i figure out how many days between ...

okay, i never paid attention to when i got my period, how many days between, etc. and i was looking online at different stuff and it was asking i guess how many days between ... well, i never had a regular period until i got the mirena, in which i always start on the 5th or 6th. now that it's march and that february had less days than most months, is it normal to be late a couple of days? it's now the 9th and i still haven't gotten my period (4 or 5 days late) and like i said, it's been always on the 5th or 6th since the 3rd month of having the mirena.

sleepymamaof3

Asked by sleepymamaof3 at 9:44 AM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Health

• Well I know with mine I start counting from the 1st day of one cycle to the 1st day of the next. Mine around about 26 days between cycles sometimes ip to 31.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 10:02 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• The first day of your period is day one. Then count how many days til your next one. 28-30 is pretty average, some women have them closer or further apart though. I know some people who are on Mirena and just spot a little but dont have a regular period. Some people are really regular and can tell you exactly when they'll get their period and some people arent. Everyone is different. The only way to really know what yours does is to track it for a few months.
    nicoled02

Answer by nicoled02 at 11:00 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I never paid attention. I had a mirena and they always started the same day everymonth but a side affect of the mirena is that you dont have a period. SOme women do and some don't. I am not a fan of the Mirena, I had mine in for 3 years and then one day I found out I was pregnant and the doctor couldn't find it anywhere. She said it had fallen out but i didnt feel it. make sure you are having regular checkups to make sure it is still in there
    KeishaGlenn

Answer by KeishaGlenn at 2:49 PM on Mar. 9, 2010