I have asked everyone I know .......

and no one has a definitive answer! What do you call your little girl's private parts?!?
I personally think that "vagina" although it is the correct word for it, if far too ...mmm, ehhh? Medical...?

All my DH could come up with was "peepee" I told him that was what boy's called their privates.

chefronswife

Asked by chefronswife at 9:46 AM on Mar. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• We do call it "Vagina or Private Area". We don't want our kids to know that is a private and something that is ONLY theirs, but, we also DO NOT want them to be embarassed over it. I don't want my daughter to grow up calling it a "Hoo Ha" or "VaJayJay". I want her to be mature about it and not be embarassed to talk to her doctor about it when she grows up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• My kids know the proper names but they call it thier "peep"..They are girls

Anonymous

• Vulva...the vagina is the birth canal. I think the vulva refers to the whole thing. I could be wrong. It's what my parents taught me and my sister and my dad was an RN.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• At first, "peepee," because that's where the pee comes out, and that was recognizable to her.
    Anonymous

• My daughter knows its called vagina but she prefers to say crack.

BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 9:51 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Call it by the technical name. It will make life easier if something every happens (God forbid) and save confusion for the child when communicating with other people. When I saw some ask a question on here about a "hoo ha" I had no clue what they were talking about.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• You know what... My dd is 3 months and I honestly NEVER thought about this.. even while i was preggo.... now i'm sittin here with my notepad and a pen trying to think of something lol dang it

Good luck
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 9:53 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• When my dd was young and just started talking before I told her the proper names she called her vulva/vagina her front butt, I laughed so hard:)

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Vagina
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 9:55 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• girlee parts, they when they got into about third grade I switched to correct terminology. Before that I'd already taught bad touch good touch, there just wasn't a reason before about age 9 or 10 or a kid that age to say in the store "Mommy My Vagina Itches Me" ... instead one would say in there early years - mama my girlee hurts -just more young young age appropriate a coded word. here's a time and place for body parts language and swear words etc. My kids are now late teens to early twenties 2 daughters and a son -none of them grew up ever inhibited about their bodies from my use of 'coded body parts' wordings years ago.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 9:58 AM on Mar. 9, 2010