What do Braxton Hicks feel like?

Im 29 1/2 weeks preggo & was curious to know what Braxton Hicks feel like? I know they are gonna start soon, as I get closer to due date....but Im not sure what to expect. I was having some period-like crampling last nite...nothing majorly painful...jus uncomfortable

mommyw2010

Asked by mommyw2010 at 9:51 AM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• For me it was just my belly getting rock hard. Nothin to painful, but uncomfortable sometimes..
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 10:09 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Its not like period cramps... You just feel your uterus getting tighter for a little while and then it goes away. sometimes it'll make it a little bit harder to breathe.. sometimes it may even hurt a little, but usually it just feels like when you flex your muscles really hard, only it does it all on its own.
    MJ_BN_FE

Answer by MJ_BN_FE at 10:22 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• you won't necessarily have any. i didn't with my pregnancy with my son. no BH at all, that i could feel anyway. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• i never felt them with my first, but when i feel them now, it is a tightening of the stomach (uterus).
    congrats on your pregnancy!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:45 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• You might not even have any. Im 35 weeks and have had none, at least that I know of. I might not feel them, this is my first pregnancy.
    Sophie4910

Answer by Sophie4910 at 3:56 PM on Mar. 9, 2010