Since I'm not getting a baby shower, would it be rude to send out cards with a baby registery?

Just wondering...

MJ_BN_FE

Asked by MJ_BN_FE at 10:01 AM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I think the welcome party is a fantastic idea!
    And to be honest, I'm finding the answers about how "you shouldn't expect gifts" a little rude....who DOESN'T expect gifts when they have a baby? And who doesn't want to buy a gift for an adorable little baby?
    To me, that's like saying "Don't expect gifts for your birthday."
    StellarJKD

Answer by StellarJKD at 1:48 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Well yea, I think it would be kind of "odd" if someone WANTS to buy you something then just tell them what you need
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:02 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• you EXPECT a baby shower? They're expensive and we're in a recession. I'm sure you'll get very nice gifts when they baby's born and probably again at a christening or baptism when that's done if it's done too.

Don't be greedy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Um.. RUDE.. i never said I EXPECT a baby shower.. i said since I'm not getting one........
    MJ_BN_FE

Answer by MJ_BN_FE at 10:07 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• When you find out the sex send out cards saying "ITS a_____" Maybe some one will be nice and send a gift..I know I would lol..

I also threw MY OWN baby shower! with my second child..people sent so many gifts...I didnt expect ANYTHINg because i said no gifts lol..but got a million things anyways..

YOU could do a meet the baby party after birth...
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 10:11 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• have a welcoming party when the baby gets here we kind did like a little bbq after our 2nd was born and everyone brought like diapers or stuff like that that you really need it was fun and a way for the whole family to meet our little one everyone loved it
    klinemom2

Answer by klinemom2 at 10:11 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Oh thats an awesome idea girls! meet the baby cook out.. the baby is a girl and due July 1st. cookouts are perfect in July! and it would give us all a chance to spend time not only with MY new baby, but my brother and sister in laws new baby too, cuz shes due two weeks before me. thanks for the idea!
    MJ_BN_FE

Answer by MJ_BN_FE at 10:14 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• your welcome it we be alot of fun
    klinemom2

Answer by klinemom2 at 10:26 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I don't recall the OP saying she expected a shower other anon. READ.

OP, not something I would do. I agree with the welcome party.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• No, if you're not having a baby shower you should not be registering anywhere, people will think it's rude. Some of your friends and family might want to give you a gift anyway, but let them come to you and ask what you need.... that way it doesn't come off as you're expecting gifts.

And if you are expecting gifts... well you probably shouldn't be.
    lady_kira

Answer by lady_kira at 10:42 AM on Mar. 9, 2010