If u got paid to clean ur house, would it be a lot cleaner or the same as usual?

MJ_BN_FE

Asked by MJ_BN_FE at 10:09 AM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I'd probably put a little more effort into it. Then I'd get fired for not doing a good enough job, lol. I don't really care any more. I'd rather be doing other stuff. I get tired of cleaning up messes I don't make while everyone else just sits around making more messes. I told them I'm not the maid and if that's what they really want then I better start making min. wage.
    My husband is just as bad as the kids about it. His crap is all over the house.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:26 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I do clean my house like I get paid to do it(the heavily trafficed rooms anyway). In fact, that's how I get my kids to clean their room!
    Ann_Ony_Mouse

Answer by Ann_Ony_Mouse at 10:12 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I would rather pay to have my house cleaned then be paid to clean it!!!
    wallmom1

Answer by wallmom1 at 10:13 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• If your talking like a pay check vs. being aloud to be a SAHM...I keep the house clean, but if someone other than my DH where paying me I bet you would be able to eat off my floors.
    Raine2007

Answer by Raine2007 at 10:47 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• to be honest, probably not any cleaner. My house stays fairly clean and I can't say that I put that muchwork into it. My kids are expected to clean up after themselves and dh and I pretty much do about the same amount of work at home. But pay would be a good motivator. Like, I really need to pull out the washer and dryer and clean up that area... I would probably get right on it if I knew there would be a reward at the end... although I did tell myself that once I get all the deep cleaning done I could buy myself a new coffee maker.......
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 10:56 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• If I were getting paid actual cash (rather than the privilege of getting to stay home and have a roof over my head and food on the table) it would probably be slightly cleaner. I have a lot to do throughout the day and the house IS clean, but yeah, for actual cash it might be just a little cleaner.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

Anonymous

• To be totally truthful no I wouldn't have it any cleaner. I'll be the first to admit I hate to clean.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 11:40 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• It would be the same. I do a good job cleaning and just because I'd be getting paid does not mean I'd have more time to do it.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 11:55 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I keep a spotless house. Keeping my house clean, the laundry caught up and having meals ready is the job I am "paid' to do. I am a SAHM, it's my job to keep the house in top shape. Being lazy isn't an option.
    Anonymous