Do you need "ME" time?

I do desperately! I'm sick of caring for everyone, sick kids, cleaning, cooking, stressed to the max! All I hear all day is "Mommy, I need..." "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy"! What about me damn it? I am a SAHM, but I'm started to think that's why I get taken advantage of from everybody!
Thinking of booking a facial and pedicure. Letting everyone know and being like "see ya in a couple hours"!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• HMM, I work 32 hours a week, I'm 9 mo pregnant, I have 4 kids ages six and under, I'm married, and I homeschool... #ELL YES I NEED SOME ME TIME!!! (but sometimes "me time" is just hiding in the bathroom with a good book and a box of oreos)
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 10:58 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I get "me time" everyday...getting some right now while the kids are drinking smoothies and I'm on here.

Usually my "me time" includes reading, gardening, cruising the net, long hot baths, watching movies after the kids are in bed, working out, etc.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 10:28 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• You are so not alone...we just moved the girls into the same room so that I could have some space all to my self, no one else can have any of their stuff in my room...I know it sounds bad, but I told DH it was that or I get a super part time job. ;)
    Raine2007

Answer by Raine2007 at 10:36 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Ask grandma to watch them or get a baby sitter. Go out by yourself, or with friends, and cut loose!

You have to do that, at least every once in a while, to keep your sanity!
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 11:10 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Yes! I'm a SAHM too, but that doesnt mean I dont need me time! When you take the time to relax and take care of yourself you're in a better mood and less stressed out. I know that for me at least, that makes me a better mom. So go for it! Do something for you!
    nicoled02

Answer by nicoled02 at 11:10 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• sometimes I want to change my name lol I get tiered of hearing "Mommy" no really, I love it- wouldn't change it for the world but yeah, I could use a small break- guess I'mgetting it right now cuz the baby is asleep and the other is playing wii
    Anonymous

• I would do it taking care of your family is work and if you feel burned the job you do for them will not be the best you can do!
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:08 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Yes I need me time, but never get time alone. We do have date nights without the kids, but just having a few hours by myself is a concept that I cant grasp. LOL :-)
    cmissamy

Answer by cmissamy at 4:22 PM on Mar. 9, 2010