The IMPORTANT, MOMMY Questions!

I'm 6 weeks, I have my very first doctors apt tomorrow, what to expect? I wanted to know when did you really start "showing"?

Armywifelovely

Asked by Armywifelovely at 10:28 AM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• the first appointment varies a lot i think. at mine, i took a list of questions about options in birth because i want to be sure that my preference for no unnecessary interventions is respected. the midwife asked me about my past pregnancy and birth and about my general health. i was weighed, blood pressure checked. i didn't have a urine or blood test, but they often do that at first appointments. some even do ultrasounds at the first u/s but most likely not :)

with my first i didn't really start showing a lot until about 27 weeks. with my 2nd, about 20 weeks.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 10:49 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I agree with the the previous poster about the first appt. Usually you dont start showing until you're about 4 months and even then it's only a little so while you'll be able to tell, strangers probably wont.
    nicoled02

Answer by nicoled02 at 10:56 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• it depends on your body, with my 2 kids and with this preg i didnt start showing till about 23 wks. I'm 23 wks preg now and still not really showing, i still just look like ive gotten a bit fat. So it just really depends on you. Ask your mother when she started showing, chances are youll be the same!
    kitacall

Answer by kitacall at 11:30 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Definitely depends on where you are being seen. It might be too soon for the first ultrasound (usually around 8 weeks). Our first visit consisted of a health history (both mine and my hubby's), the ultrasound, and some blood tests ordered. My pants got a tad snug by then, and I started wearing my Bella Band then (or using a hair tie to secure my pants.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:00 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• When you start showing really depends on your body type. I started showing around 12 weeks, but not to the point strangers knew I was pregnant. I would say around 20 or 21 weeks is when everyone could tell.
    Sophie4910

Answer by Sophie4910 at 3:52 PM on Mar. 9, 2010