How to kick the 3:30am feeding for a 6 month old

My sisters baby wakes up every night at 330 am. She tries to let her cry it out but it doesn't work. She wants a bottle. I have a 7 month old and have given her advice on how I did but it's not working. Since she doesn't have a computer I thought I could get some advice on here. Please, she is willing to try almost anything.

natvitty

Asked by natvitty at 10:29 AM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Her baby is obviously not ready to "kick" that feeding if she is hungry. Babies don't live on rigid schedules. They need to be fed when they need to be fed. That's all there is to it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• You can't if the baby is truly hungry. That 3:30 feeding is often important. If baby sleeps five hours straight baby IS sleeping through the night.

We moms are only guaranteed death, taxes and never sleeping eight straight again anyway. **grin** Tell her to hang in...it WILL pass. Only one night feeding? She's got it GREAT and doesn't know it!

Answer by gdiamante at 12:06 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• OMG if the baby's waking up hungry, the baby needs to be fed! You can't make a hungry baby "kick a feeding" when it's obviously necessary!
    Anonymous

• My baby is 9 1/2 months and has been sleeping thru the night 8+ hours since she was 8 wks. And now she is waking around 4-4:30 am. Shes not waking up crying just wanting to be up, but I give her that bottle anyway. They will grow out of it sooner or later. Tell her to hang in there!
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 1:40 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• i agree. if the baby is hungry she needs to be fed! no reason to kick the habit!
    mywonderyears

Answer by mywonderyears at 1:41 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• If a baby is waking to eat they should be fed. More than five hours is a very long time to fast and go hungry especially at that age where there is a MAJOR growth spurt.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 1:52 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• The baby is probably actually hungry at that time. I'd just feed, and go back to bed.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:16 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Not feeding a hungry baby is cruel.

I would never have survived having a baby if we didn't co-sleep. It was so easy to doze/sleep while she nursed.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:58 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Wow!!! Thanks to those of u who didn't incinuate that we were starving a child! Of course she feeds her I was really just asking for some support and advice, my god! That is the last time I will be posting a question on here without studying it so people don't twist it around and make me sound like a freakin baby abuser.
    natvitty

Answer by natvitty at 11:00 AM on Mar. 10, 2010