WHY IS IT TEENAGERS WANNA MAKE YOU SMACK YOUR HEAD AGAINST A BRICK WALL???

My daughter who's 13 is a pain in my butt!! So it all started when she started getting her phone taken away 4 times in school for messin' w it in class AFTER the fact I've told her many many times to leave it in her locker until in between classes or after school the 4th time this happened I had to go and pay what I thought would only be a $50 fee to get it back turned out to be a $100 fee for two phones one of which has no service so I see no point in having it..so I took them away and am in the process of saving $250 for the cancellation fee so if your counting a $400 dollar problem she's created if she gets caught again its in school suspension...so after taking the phone away and hiding it where I never thought she'd look she found and took it to school again and yet I had to go get it again once I realized it was gone so now I'm making her work off all the money this is costing me grrrrr teenagers!

chica679

Asked by chica679 at 10:45 AM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Lol, I feel you. My two oldest are 14 & 15 and I have the same problems about cell phones. I've had emails from teachers stating that the next time I will have to go and pay to get it back. Which I have talked to my kids that it will not come to that because if I ever have to go that's when the cell is going to be shut off. I rather pay a $250 service charge to have it tshut off then to have to go up to the school and pay $50 to get it back. I put the fear of god into those two and so far I haven't recieved an email or call from the school. I mean would they rather have a cell phone or none at all?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Take the battery out and take it to recycling or trash. You taught her to not believe you really will punish her, that she can always find the phone. Delete everything in the phone and turn it in for recycling to a women's shelter or for military service members.

Or keep the phone with you but without battery.

You're making her work off all the money, at 13 where is she working that you can take her pay check or are you paying her for chores and then unknown until the day her 'pay' from you comes in or known ahead of time, you take her chore money?

I know kids are hard, mine are in their twenties and teens, 3 kids.

You've let her turn your punishment in to a game of treasure hunt. You hide her treasure and she hunts it down.

lfl

Answer by lfl at 11:00 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Why can't she just work off the money? She created the bill and she should pay for it.

And no, teenagers DON'T make me want to bang my head - they are easy... It was the toddler stage I hated!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• How can the school charge you to get something back that they took.. I can understand having the parent come and pick it up, but paying for it is crazy. Where does this money go? This cannot be legal.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 11:24 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I would get her one of those kiddie phones that parents pre-program numbers into (I would do Home, my/DH's cell, and 911 only)...see if she takes THAT out in class, lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

They are probably sick of this problem which does not need to be happening anyway.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• This is why my 2 didnt have a phone until they had a job and could pay for it themselves..then it was theirs and if they paid it, lost it, it got stolen, then couldnt afford it, whatever...was up to them.
    auntietotty

Answer by auntietotty at 12:25 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• lol you have to pay to pick them up and no it's not illegal for them to charge it teaches the parents as well as the kids that they arent responsible enough yet to have the phone in the first place
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 1:58 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• let the school keep it till she can save the money to get it back
    KeishaGlenn

Answer by KeishaGlenn at 3:15 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• You need a new approach to parenting; your's doesn't seem to be cutting it. Raising Our Children, Raising Ourselves is a wonderful parenting book www.naomialdort.com

Answer by rkoloms at 3:56 PM on Mar. 9, 2010