Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is there any laws that talk about vacation with kids?

my ex & I have two alternating weeks of vacation with our child one week for me, then him, then me, then him.. I want our two weeks together, shes almost 12.

Answer Question

Asked by maiahlynn at 10:45 AM on Mar. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

Level 13 (1,143 Credits)
Answers (10)
  • I would imagine that is or should be part of your custody agreement. There are no laws I know of because it is different for every family and their agreement

    Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 10:46 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

  • I ditto the above - but y ou could allways talk to her father about it and see if he would be willing to make an adjustment with out having to go through court to change it.

    Answer by mommymeg03 at 10:48 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

  • Of course then that means dd will be two weeks straight a month with ex. Talk to your lawyer, even with your ex to see about getting agreement changed.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

  • if I could get him to agree I wouldn't be dragging him to court.. they way I want it is he has two weeks consecutively & I have two weeks consecutively. anonymous 10:49 I didn't get what you were saying.

    Answer by maiahlynn at 11:06 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

  • Any and all agreements can be changed between the two of you- Include the agreed upon custody orders, what was outlined, and then what TEMPORARY minor alteration you are making, go to the bank and have it notarized. It is legal and binding in family court if there is a discrepancy at a later date. It does not apply to the whole order, but that this is ONE thing that you, outside of court opted to change for the convenience of one or both parents. Judges actually smile upon parents who can manage to work things out successfully OUTSIDE of court.

    Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:10 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

  • *note that I was speaking of custody/visitation. NOT child support. Just in case Anon shows up and shows her @$$

    Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:11 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

  • obbydobbie - he refuses to agree because I won't let him leave the US with our child.

    Answer by maiahlynn at 11:12 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

  • I think what the Anon was stressing B/c you have every other and so does your Ex- you want both weeks together,so will your husband, you agree with that? so for 2 weeks (together) he will have your child with him. / going out of the US-- I agree with you on this--NO WAY. you may never see you child again

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:36 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

  • I'm ok with him having her two weeks.. he needs me to sign for her passport & I'm not signing nothing. also I listed her in the alert program 4 childs passport, they alert you if someone tries to take your kid out of country. judge already told him no to leaving us.

    Answer by maiahlynn at 2:47 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

  • Good- as I said- never would I let him take a child our of the counrty-and never sign for it,beleive me- you will never see your child again. I have seen this in my work so many times,these other counties don't reconize a Mother;s rights( over there) and if the father was born there -he gets the rights to his children, and you will spend more in lawyers, trying to bring your child home -which might take years.. You also have to remember, don't (YOU) go out of the country also or you -yourself get her a passport/ he can use that fact,and abduct her when he has his 2 weeks.If he keeps pressing about a passport, I would have him watched-when he has his 2 weeks with her. Just to make sure. Just be on top of things when he has her..

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:31 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.