my 10 yr old...

i have a 10 yr old that i feel like i am at a lost with.she comes in from school and doesnt say anything.she seems very needy.she is in girl scouts and such but it doesnt seem to be helping her self esteem. my patience is shot.she is just a very laid back and quiet child.she is getting very pushy though.she wants every thing her way or the high way.dont quit know what to do about this one....

cleo1977

Asked by cleo1977 at 10:47 AM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• She's counting on breaking you mom. I told my two daughters and son (only 1 a teen now) that their feelings matter they have a right to be sad, mad, etc. but the law says I make the rules, no negotiations. My oldest treats their girfriend with the respect that I taught and gave him, and my youngest 17 yo has told me many times that she's told friends her mom (me) would never let them get away with 'that stuff' in her house! A fantastic compliment!!!
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 10:53 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Do some things with her that might help boost her confidense, like a pottery or dance class. Somehow, she learned that she can set up rules if she wants things her way or the highway. You need to re-train her so that you are the boss.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:57 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• thanks ladies...op
    cleo1977

Answer by cleo1977 at 11:10 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Maybe she's content with the way things are. I was never really social as a child but I was fine with that.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:03 PM on Mar. 9, 2010