What exactly is Spring Cleaning?

What do you do?
Am I too late?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Home & Garden

• You clean with a spring in your step. Makes it a lot easier and it's faster!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• No, you're not too late.
    "Spring Cleaning" is basically heavy-duty, clutter-reducing, major transformation cleaning...it's when I get under the stove, behind the washer/dryer, clean out the closets, etc...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• You clean every nook and cranny in your house.Throw out anything that is no longer used,or give them away or prepare for a yardsale. Move around furniture,clean furniture, wash windows inside and out, wash down walls,clean out the basement,the closets,junk drawers,take down and wash curtains or even put up different curtains with brighter colors,bring out the spring comforters etc....
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:59 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I love spring cleaning. When springtime comes, I like to open all my windows, go through room by room and clean top to bottom. I wash all the comforters, vacuum mattresses, wash all the walls, dust everything, clean out closets, get rid of a bunch of stuff, clean out all my kitchen cupboards, everything. It's like a fresh, clean start. I'll be starting this week as soon as my DD feels better and I can actually get some sleep at night!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:00 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• You clean everything in sight and out of sight, you declutter, start making a yard sale pile, wash all curtains, vacuum under everything, clean windows and sills, paint or touch up woodwork, wipe down walls. No your not too late....never too late to clean. Besides spring cleaing takes awhile. Have fun and blast the music!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 11:04 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• i like spring cleaning. i swear- when the weather starts changing and the air feels different- something just goes through your body and you have the motivation to clean and bring the freshness of the upcoming season into your home. its wonderful really.
    snoober_k

Answer by snoober_k at 11:16 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I wash walls, windows, blinds, curtains, baseboards, bedding, floors behind & under furniture, sort through toys & closets, and steam clean upholstery and carpets.
    mrsderekjeter

Answer by mrsderekjeter at 2:53 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• When I Spring clean (which I start this weekend) it's each room gets completely gutted, washed, windows, bash boards, walls... all the furniture gets completely cleaned (not just your daily wipe down)... I go thro and clean out old clothes/closets recycle or donate ... it normally takes me 1 full week to completely get done with the inside then I tackle the outside... windows, doors, dh does the gutters for me, any trash on the lawn is picked up... garage is straightened up and all winter tools are put away...that takes 1 weekend (if I have help...lol...)
    You are never to late to Spring Clean... in fact I also Fall clean to get ready for the cooler/winter weather and Holidays...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 4:18 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• You open your windows wide and let the fresh spring air in, and do some major deep cleaning and tossing out old stuff. You've been cramped up in the house all winter now is the time to get ridf of anything that might have been piling up. Clean in places you normally dont think if in your day to day, behind the stove, fridge, etc, ceiling fans, air vents, closets, toss old winter shoes broken toys. Go to town with it, crank the music, open the windows wide
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 5:40 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Depends on the person really. Spring Cleaning for me includes alot, but I'm a type A personality-
    Cleaning out all closets and giving to good will
    Cleaning out all winter storage and giving to good will
    Washing all the window treatments, dusting the rods and cleaning windows inside and out
    Shampooing carpets, and upholstered furniture and scrubbing baseboards
    Clean the oven and refrigerator behind and underneath, all the filters and house filter
    Clean the top of the kitchen cabinets and inside the pantry
    Clean the washer and dryer and underneath
    Powerwash the outside of the house,windows and cement, flower pots and patio furniture
    Oil and gas up the powertools and lawnmowers, sharpen blades and knives.
    Whew....I'm tired now
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:14 AM on Mar. 10, 2010