How do you punish a 14 year old for making you late for work?

Tonight is trophy night, my son has an event, and I have no one to take him. Daddy is away in Georgia. My daughter freaked out this morning screamed she is not going to school, took off her coat would not leave, mainly because my 6 son hit her. Which is unexceptable.

How should I handle both when I come home from work today???

I thought my daughter no tv, but that is punishment for not doing homework. What else can I do????

My son, I don't know but he caused the commotion this morning.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I hate morning fights! Everyone gets all worked up. Ground her! She's 14...she should know better than to throw a tantrum! And he is 6 he should know better not to hit. Take away all his luxuries...TV, video games, etc. Teach him a lesson! I have a 10 and 6 year old who have started fighting constantly. I take away all their electronics when they fight. They learn what aggravates me! Good luck.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 11:01 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• She is definitely old enough to be grounded. My son is 8 and gets grounded for 2-3 days at a time depending on the offence.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 11:04 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• He may have hit her and should ba addressed , but he did not casue the commotion. She is 14 yrs old and needs to act like it instead of acting 4.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I would have left the 14 year old, rather than be late for work.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:51 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I like to tell my neice, she is 12, that if she wants to act like a little kid with a temper tantrum I am going to treat her like a little kid. Early bedtimes and certain freetime activities get taken away. Be tough with her, because she will walk all over you if you let things slide. As for your son, I would tell him that hitting is not acceptable and he needs to come and get a parent if he is upset about something.
    etsmom

Answer by etsmom at 4:56 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I home school so we don't really have a deadline to meet, but If my oldest two (6and4) don't want to do their school work, I make them scrub walls. Even if the walls are already clean. it works pretty well. I'm sure you can find a nice list of chores that need done.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 5:57 PM on Mar. 9, 2010