Do you have a retirement account?

If so how much should it be when you are retired?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Money & Work

• I'm 28 and have had a retirement account with my husband, since we were 25 and 26 years old. When my husband retires in his late 50's. We will have over 400,000, and our house will be paid off.
    Ashers_Mom2007

Answer by Ashers_Mom2007 at 11:05 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I don't. I'm ashamed!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I don't but my husband does. We're only in our early 20s so I'm not sure what the total return will be. I plan on starting one as well when I finish my degree and get into the line of work I am shooting for.
    mickstinator

Answer by mickstinator at 11:00 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I just started it in Jan. A whole $12 per paycheck. LMAO At that rate I will never retire, but its a start at least.
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 11:02 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• we do through my husband, two of them. if we figured right at retirement four hundr thou which won't be much to live off of considering the state of healthcare and living.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I have one from when I was working, I never cashed it in. Since I was a state employee and I was vested it would have been crazy to cash it in and I would lose the employer match If I withdrew early, so I just leave it there and will pull it out when DH retires. He is also a state employee so we have the same type of account, he lost over $15k in the last 2 years because of the the economy but it seems to be going back up. Once we retire just our two reitrement accoutns combined we should have close to $5-6000 coming monthly, which scares the crap out of me because in 15 years when he can retire I know it wont be that much money, then again I will only have 5 years left to pay on my house at that point so we will probably be fine.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 11:19 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• No we don't I had to pull it just to keep us going.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Mar. 9, 2010