Are you working as, or know anyone who is, a virtual assistant?

Would like to know anything and everything you can tell me... from hours, companies, salaries, workflow, etc., etc., etc. THANKS

figaro8895

Asked by figaro8895 at 11:15 AM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Money & Work

• I had looked into this but there were a lot of things that didn't work out for me.
    1. Many places want you to answer phone calls as well. (I couldn't do that considering I have to toddlers running around.)
    2. There were only positions in certain states, not mine.
    3. The pay was VERY little, for what seemed to be very time consuming. Work at home Jobs just don't pay very much.
    4. I paid $59.95 for a one year membership to find a position, but I didn't find anything that worked for me. I was able to get my money back minus $14.95.

This wasn't for me, but it might be for you.

If you're really interested, you can go on www.bbb.org and type Virtual Assistant in the search section and you can find companies that are accredited by the Better Business Bureau.
    Anonymous

• I was doing VA work through an agency that recently closed. I do mostly accounting work. My rate varies: $25 an hour and up.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:53 PM on Mar. 9, 2010