easter snack ideas?

I need to provide snacks for my son's preschool class (all around 3)for their Easter party. It must be nut free. I'm trying to come up with something cute but not totally unhealthy (i.e. I'm trying to avoid cookies/cupcakes). Any ideas?

momofryan07

Asked by momofryan07 at 11:16 AM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• i hate telling people to just "go to a website", but www.recipezaar.com has cools ideas for every holiday- i was thinking you might be able to find a recipe/instructions on making some sort of cute thing out of fresh veggies.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• You can make "birds nests" out of Rice Crispie treats and jelly beans. Ok, that's not really 'healthy' but it's fun! ;) Or make bunny snacks" with carrots and dip. You can make bunny heads out of mini bagels - use one half as the head. Cut the other half into ear shapes and cover it all with cream cheese. Make a face out of veggies or fruit pieces.

My DD has a peanut/tree nut allergy. There are LOTS of healthy and purely "treat" snacks out there that are nut free. It sounds intimidating at first blush, but it's not really all that hard to meet the requirements.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 12:05 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Jello jigglers cut with an Easter themed cookie cutter, or something similar with Rice Krispie treats. Watch out for jelly beans, they are easy to choke on.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 2:15 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• thanks! I think I'll combine your ideas and make egg shaped rice krispies treats since I have a collection of egg shaped cookie cutters.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 10:53 AM on Mar. 10, 2010