Baby moving 24/7!!! Normal?

Im 28w1d. Pregnant with a girl. 3rd pregnancy.
This baby is ALWAYS moving! Right now im in the middle of taking the 24hr preeclampsia (slelling may be off) test cause the doctors are a bit worried about that... Is it normal that baby moves so much? To the point that your belly feels brused from all the kicking? Or could it have something to do with the preeclampsia?

Keaton_Hazel

Asked by Keaton_Hazel at 11:28 AM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i don't know either... i'm on my 2nd pregnancy, a girl too... i'm 34 weeks pregnant, and this baby is very active... and i'm doing the 24 hour urine catch too...
    i had pre eclampsia with my now 2 year old daughter, but, she was small when she was born at 36 weeks...
    this current pregnancy, my daughter makes herself known... there are times i swear she's throwing a party and didn't invite me... (lol!!) so, i'm curious too...
    hanniwrencher

Answer by hanniwrencher at 11:47 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• It is normal for the baby to move so much...My DD has the hiccups all the time and it felt like little jolts to my stomach. It doesn't have anything to do with the preeclampsia. I had it with my first DD and I hardly felt her move at all.
    JustUsGirls321

Answer by JustUsGirls321 at 11:47 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I doubt it has anything to do with the Pre E. My baby moves ALOT I"m 31 weeks & she doesn't know the meaning of sleep. I think she's big because I feel every little movement. And I'm plus size. So I would say you just have a very active lil baby. Better sleep when ya can cause when she gets here you won't get a chance!!!
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 12:15 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• My first moved a lot... but my 2nd, man she moved ALL the time! between her kicking, rolling and hiccuping I dont think my belly ever stopped moving! and yeah sometimes it was pretty uncomfortable.
    nicoled02

Answer by nicoled02 at 12:54 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Im assuming by the comments here that its just what girls do? They seem to be more active then boys i guess...
    Keaton_Hazel

Answer by Keaton_Hazel at 2:18 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• It sounds pretty normal. Some babies just move more than others. Much better than being worried about her not moving enough! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:52 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Id be happy. Im 35 weeks and my little girl moves but makes me really nervous some days cuz I dont think she is moving enough. I think your baby is just fine. Just active.
    Sophie4910

Answer by Sophie4910 at 3:41 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I would only be worried if the baby wasnt moving. Im 33 weeks and my daughter has been extremely active this entire pregnancy. When I was pregnant with my son I had to go in around 34 weeks cause he hardly ever moved and we were worried about him but he was fine, every baby is different. I just had my appt. today and my little girl was moving all over the place while the doctor was trying to check her heart beat and he said that babys who move allot are happy so that made me feel good. Our babys are just very active, be happy cause its very scary when they hardly move.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 5:21 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• let me know about the pre e with both the second babys will you? im pregnant with our second and im terrified ofgetting it agian
    KJ_on

Answer by KJ_on at 9:07 PM on Mar. 9, 2010