Do you donate blood?

I donated once in high school. I'd like to do it again someday =)

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 11:33 AM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• would it I could - but now allowed with some of the meds I take
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 11:33 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• i have never done it cause i am afraid of needles i get all worked up .i have worked the blood drive before tho .
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 11:36 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I'm a universal donor, but have not donated in a few months. Time to do that again!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:37 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• My uncle who is a doctor told me not to. He said that the blood loss does shock the organs. Don't tell anybody though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Yes, though I haven't in a while. I get calls from the blood bank when they are low. But every time they have called in the last 4 years I have been pregnant or nursing.
    My grandma donated blood once every two months. She said it was her civic duty and she did it proudly. Sorry I just thought that was cute...
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:40 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I give blood because when my sister was in the hospital they didn't have enough of her blood type to keep giving her blood when she needed it, we're the same blood type so I"m hoping that by giving blood they won't have to tell some other poor family that there was a shortage and there was nothing they could do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Yes, many, many times. I always participated in every drive that came through my high school/university/workplace. Since becoming a stay at home mom, I haven't done it. Thanks for the reminder, though.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:41 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

LMAO - Posted on Cm with "don't tell anybody"

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I have before, but haven't in a while. plan to once I'm all healed up after the baby is born. I'm a universal donor and feel like it is almots a responsibility. If it can help save or improve the quality of somone's life, I can't see why anyone wouldn't want to.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 11:43 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I would, but I am anemic so they won't let me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Mar. 9, 2010