I need a simple dinner idea for tonight. DH is having friends over tomorrow so today is scrictly for deep house cleaning.

I have to get the house in company order and I don't want to make a mess of the kitched when I'm done. So either a simple recipe or a good idea for take-out. With take-out I like to be healthy if its at all possible. Can't do sushi though, pregnant over here. Any suggestions are apreciated, thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I like getting a rotisserie chicken cooked from the deli and then you just add a salad/fruit and some veggies and a good baguette bread.

kjfamily

Answer by kjfamily at 11:37 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• roll ham, turkey and cheese into crescent rolls and bake for 13 min, serve with sweet potatoe french fries yum
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 11:38 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• i like the first persons idea! when i gave birth to my second daughter i didnt want to cook at all....but i had to cause i had a five year old at the time...my mother suprised us by showing up at the house with a roasted chicken from the store, all i had to do was heat up some veggies and i had some french bread....so its perfect and no stress!
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 11:45 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Take a large stock pot, chunk up a bunch of veggies (carrot, celery, any root veggie you like, onion, potato, cabbage) Throw in a couple bay leaves, thyme, rosemary, cracked pepper, garlic, etc... If you eat meat, throw in a couple smoked turkey legs, let it rip on low until you are ready to eat. serve it as a soup, or individual veggie sides & meat (the broth is AWESOME!) with a piece of crusty bread.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:48 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Fish sticks!!! LOL! Or what about Chinese? They generally have some healthy dishes, like steamed meat and veg with the sauce on the side.
    Ann_Ony_Mouse

Answer by Ann_Ony_Mouse at 11:51 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Grill some burgers outside and have a salad and maybe baked potaoes on the grill as well. Its finally nice out (^60)) where I live so we are begging for reasons to be outside!

Anonymous

• chili in the crock pot!!
    Anonymous

• Super Quick Stir-fry
    Here is a quick dinner recipe, adapted from Vegetarian times. It takes less than 15 minutes (if the rice is cooked)
    Heat a few chili pepper flakes in olive oil, along with a sliced garlic clove and sliced ginger. Remove the garlic and ginger before they burn. Add onion saute for 1 min. Add 2 diced up baby eggplants and saute for 5 mins (I have used zucchini and broccoli, too; really, any fresh or frozen veggies will do). Add red/yellow peppers & mushrooms. Add 2 tbsp each of brown sugar, soy sauce or tamari & vinegar, and saute 2 more mins. Add fresh basil. Serve over rice (you could use room temperature leftovers) or rice noodles (they are super quick in a pinch). You can also add cubed tofu before serving

Answer by rkoloms at 3:49 PM on Mar. 9, 2010