Would you laugh at this?

I had gone to the doctors and found out my son had pneumonia, so we went to walmart to get his drugs. Well while walking around a few older women thought they had a right to touch my son, but this time I just smiles and didn't tell them to stop or anything. My son was in the first few days of this so I hope he gave them all pneumonia. People really need to stop and think before they touch random children.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Kids' Health

• I would have done the same thing. I get so pissed when random people come up and touch my son. They obviously aren't thinking that they might have germs on their hands and could get him sick, so let's see how they like having that favor returned!
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 4:14 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• pneumonia is not contagious, it's an infection in your lung caused by a virus so it's not likely he'll give them pneumonia.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:53 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• samurai_chica... How is a virus not contagious?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• pneumonia is very contagious how do you think you get it? And yes I would laugh, teach them a lesson.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Right... giving old women pneumonia is justified because they were likely lonely and wanted some interaction. You are a sad individual! I seriously hope your children have a better role model somewhere.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:57 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Yep teach those ladies not to touch and get up in the face of strangers and there kids.
    Anonymous

• No I would not laugh at that.Why would you wish someone ill just because they were being kind hearted and touching your child?Maybe they thought he was adorable,wouldn't you take that as a compliment?
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:02 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Pneumonia is also very dangerous for elderly people. They don't have the immune system to really fight it off. My grandmother got it and spent a month in the hospital and much of that was touch and go because she had it soo badly. So no, it's not funny.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 12:10 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Why did you bring your son to Wallmart so sick in the 1st place? & as for thinking it's funny to give 2 old ladies pneumonia are you in sane? Obviosly you should have been picking up some meds.for mental illness.
    Anonymous

• No. I wouldn't laugh. Wishing someone ill because they were being inappropriate isn't funny. As others have said, pneumonia can be very serious in older adults, but even if it weren't, I still don't think it's amusing to make another sick irregardless of their actions. A simple "Oh, it'd be best not to touch him. He's got a nasty virus and I wouldn't want him to give it to you too." would have been given the message to a) not touch and b) think before you do so.

Anon 12:13 - if you read the full question OP took her child so she pick up his medication. Sometimes sick kids don't have the option to stay with someone else while Mom (or another) runs to the pharmacy.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 12:16 PM on Mar. 9, 2010