Why are we, as a nation, putting up with this crap from Washington?

We seriously out number them.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:00 PM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Because we don't outnumber them. The number of people who don't care and don't vote outnumber those who do. Apathy is in the majority. Even in this past "most historic election ever" the winner only got about 30%. There was a question the other day about how much people cared before this past year, and there were several people who openly admitted they didn't care about politics before or after, they voted in this particular election because it was "special". They haven't paid attention to anything since.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:42 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I wish I had the time away from work, a sitter to watch my child, someone to take care of all of my chores, and enough money to travel so I could protest the things I disagree with. I also don't feel educated enough about the political processes and leaders to debate. Sad but true.
    Anonymous

• Many answers to that. Some seriously do not care because they think everything is fine, others think others will stand up for what is right so they dont have to. Some of us write our congressmen/women and talk to others verbally or through blogs until we are blue in the face. But I think the biggest reason is the frog in water simile. Most dont know things are getting hot until its too late. We as a nation must speak up and use our political voice! We need to contact our elected leaders because they work for us, not the other way around! We cannot be complacent.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 12:10 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I agree with NotPanickcing.

The sad truth is that the majority of the American people are apathetic, ill informed, and just don't give a damn. They are too busy buying whatever is being spoonfed to them on their tv's to really give a shit. They work to hard, they have no time, they find politics boring, they feel that they really can't change anything, they feel they don't matter so why bother, and the worse of the lot the ones who really believe that the government is looking out for their best interst.........

The American government, has been giving the average American the shaft for decades now. And no one has said shit. From NAFTA/CAFTA/Tax Policies/Free trade agreements that have stripped America of good paying jobs.. To Bullshit like provisos in the Patriot Act.. People have just sat back and let this Nation's government run rough shot, without the majority even knowing what's going on.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:47 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I ask the same freaking question esp. when they send out in the mail that the Cenus form is coming in a week when they are already advertising it anyone else find this just plan wrong when they are crying about having no money and they do that.
    mom1T2Ldh

Answer by mom1T2Ldh at 2:52 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I bet they are sending these letters to alert you to the fact that the REAL Census Forms are coming in the mail.....so that you Einsteins won't throw them out .... I mean....the majority of people are airheads and have no clue.
    Anonymous