Its just not the same anymore!!!!

A friend of mine got me started with CafeMom a few years ago. I got to know alot of mom's, made friends with people who lived close, and even a few I'd chat with on the phone atleast once a week. I always knew that atleast one person would have an answer to a question I had, no matter how crazy the question seemed. That was when mom's where nice, and wanted to give good advice; Now when you ask a question (and I'm not speaking for all mom's on here) you either get a whole lot of bashing or people just don't even care. I have yet to make any real friends, or people who can give good advice this time around (my old account got deleted from not being on there). I mean really it would be nice to be able to talk to each other like civilized adults, not some little girl in high school who wants to be the most popular on cafemom!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:24 PM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Very true!

Answer by older at 12:25 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I agree... I can't figure out why I come back... I guess it's just pure boredom.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:27 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• i agree i cant even ask a question with out mom's bashing. i dont no why i still come on this site
    aprilsalcro

Answer by aprilsalcro at 12:32 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Maybe I've just been here too long or so much I'm not noticing a change. I'm sorry you had a bad experience with bashing. I read the questions and sometimes read the answers. Maybe that's how I miss the bashing. If I start reading a negative response, I just skip the rest of the post and reply as I normally would. People ask questions for a reason, they want an honest answer. Some of the questions I'll skip if I think it's someone just playing around, what others call a "troll". I figure it's not worth my time to play their games. I try to choose questions that sound sincere and if I have an answer. Sometimes I just send a hug if they are hurting and I have no solution for them. Oh, btw, welcome back.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:46 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• while I don't agree with bashing, I think it's OK to vent.
    by venting I mean to state that you are upset in a post about something that some may or may not like-
    or stating something as your opinion.
    I think bashing is the posts telling people they are awful and don't deserve to have children, or telling people they shouldn't be on Cafe mom because they are annoying or the like-

guess it's like anything- there will be some that you like and some you don't- and there will always be the popularity contests.

like the song says- 'high school never ends'
    Anonymous

• I try to answer questions that I have an opinion about or that I might know something about. I stay away from the questions I feel are a "troll" or that I don't know anything about the subject. Even if I disagree I always try to be polite and respectful. I think sometimes because this is all online and not face to face, the anonymity of it all makes people feel they can say things and act in ways that are rude and hurful which is wrong. I do feel bad when I see a question that has been posed and no one has responded, and I think it best to ignore the worst of the negative comments and bashing rather than fuel the flames with more conflict. I have never posted a question, but I really like reading them and seeing other people's answers, I have learned a lot of things that way and read a lot of good advice from other Moms. I think we all have a lot to learn from each other.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 1:14 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I find that it is very unfortunate that we have people like that, and can judge a person just by a little post and tell them how bad of a person they are. they dont know them and they have no clue about the persons belifs or values. i find it extremly distrubing how some people think that their way of thinking and their way of life is the right way and only way and everyone should think their way.
    there are just too many judgmental people. now i can understand an opinion and someone venting but not attacking. everyone has different views, lifes, and belifs and should be respected. people on here are only humans we all make mistakes we come on here to ask questions or to vent to relieve some stress and only want support, a kind word, or an opinion; not get bashed or attacked.
    i personally just ignore them and think to myself i am a better person than that.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 1:44 PM on Mar. 9, 2010