how do i know my son is potty trained 100%

is day 6 of no diapers . and no mess ups.. dry nights and goes too potty all during day but he pees in out potty but stinkys in his potty ..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:24 PM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• sorry he pees in our potty and stinky in his lil potty
    Anonymous

• That sounds potty trained to me. Why are you worrying about it? I would start working on getting him to poop in the big potty and not worry. I would still make sure to bring a change of clothes and some wipes fr a while if you go anywhere. Sometimes it is hard to hold it for a long time when they are first potty trained, and it might be hard to find a bathroom.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:37 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• This sounds really good, I would look at it as 99% potty trained for a while though. As in, always be prepared for the possibility of an accident because they do happen, and usually when you least expect it. And if it happens once in a while I don't think that is a set back at all, just completely normal.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 1:09 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Stinkys?
    Anonymous

• Accidents are always possible. Why are you worried about 100%? He's learned a new thing... be proud of him! They don't put a stamp on your passport or anything, if that's what you're looking for.
    Anonymous

• Hahhaa when he leaves home! Little accidents can and will happen for several years, it doesn't mean he is not 100% trained, just that something went a little amiss occassionally. If this is a daycare issue (some carers will only accept fully trained kids) I would give it a full month of this great start, before I would send hi off with a stamp 'on his passport' LOL You should also expect a little regression in a few weeks when he forgets to be so focused on it. It's kinda like when you first learnt to drive and at first you were super focused, then you relaxed, figured you had it all down pat, and all of a sudden you had a few swerves and near misses. That sort of regression is totally normal, nothing to worry about, lots of praise and reminders and he'll be back on track.
    Well done Mommy
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 11:48 PM on Mar. 9, 2010