PUPPS DURING PREGNANCY?

This is the second time i have had these horrible itchy bumps all over my body, i have googled it to see what causes it and what i can do for it and as always nothing it goes away after the baby is born, but i was wondering if any one else has had this and what did you use for relief!!

RCPerry511

Asked by RCPerry511 at 12:51 PM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• it sounds like eczema but i would ask the doc. if it is he could give you a perscription for it. but until you get into th doc you can use calamin lotion or a hydrocortizone cream to help with the itching.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 12:55 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• It's not eczema my doctor has told me this is what it is, but she's says there is nothing you can do for it, like i said i have had this my first pregnacy and you get it in the third trimester, i have tried all the lotions, creams, oatmeal baths, so if you have never had it you wouldn't understand it is so miserable..
    RCPerry511

Answer by RCPerry511 at 12:58 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• im sorry i was just trying to give some helpful tips you didnt mention that you had been to the doc about it nor anything about eczema. yes i know its miserable i was extremly itchy with both my pregnanciesto the put it kept me up at nites. i tried lotion and switching bathsoaps and laundry soaps. the lotion did help a little but i found out it wasnt the soaps ( i am mildly allergic to some soaps) but i also found that after taking a shower rubbing on a bath oil afterwards or puting some in a bath helped a little. but other than that you just have to deal. it will be over soon.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 1:11 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• What are PUPPS?
    Anonymous

• i had it under my belly and it was itchy. My OB at the time (2004) told me i was allergic to my own placenta and thats what it was. As soon as i had my first daughter and i mean literally out of me the bumps went away.
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 1:56 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• oh and i forgot to mention i never got it with my second or third pregnancy
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 1:57 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Pruritic Urticarial Papules and Plaques of Pregnancy. I had PUPPPs with my second child. I had hives all over my body and it was sooo itchy. My doctor's office called a script/recipe into an apothecary -- a mediated lotion that had menthol and some other stuff too. It really helped. Good luck!
    RoostersMom4

Answer by RoostersMom4 at 1:58 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• hey i am on my 3er pregnancy and i have never had it till this time i feel for you b/c it itches mine was on my belly then it went away and a day later it when by my armpits i use coco butter lotion on it and it seem to help a little good luck if you find something that works please let me know
    klinemom2

Answer by klinemom2 at 3:46 PM on Mar. 9, 2010