I need help with my toddler please

My DD is almost 27 months old & not yet potty trained. Mainly it is my fault. I watch 3 other children & between the 4 of them, it is just so hard to find the time & energy, not to mention being dedicated. I know she is ready because she tells me that she has to potty. About half the time I am able to get her to the potty (other times I'm busy feeding the baby, changing the kids diapers, stuff like that), & she will pee- no poopy though. I work 5, sometimes 6 days a week. Does anyone have any quick and effective potty training tips?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:55 PM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I don't consider 27 mos late, my ds was over 3, closer to 3 1/2 before he was
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:56 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• make it as much fun as you can.Reward her with her favorite treats.Or dance around the room with her after she goes in the potty.The more positive you make it, the more she will be willing to use it.Be silly with her.Fussing at her will only set her back and scare her of the toilet.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 1:00 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• You're not a supermom. Just take your time and don't make it so stressful for the both of you. You want this experience to be rewarding for the both of you. Are you using a potty chair or putting her on the toilet? You might want to make it easier for her to go on her own since you are so busy. For starters you may want to use a pull up so that she can put on and take off herself. Make sure she is wearing clothes that will allow her to do the same. Nothing that needs to be buckled or buttoned up. She is showing some initiative so that is good. Also, you might want to put together some type of reward system for each time she goes. This can be just a simple board that the two of you decorate and give her some stickers to put on to track her progress.
    renee5978

Answer by renee5978 at 4:45 PM on Mar. 9, 2010