Growing pains?

My 6 year old wakes up about once a week with knee pain. Could this be growing pains? When this happens it's not like he played super hard during the day or had gym class. Just random nights he wakes up with pain in the knees. Any advice and what can I do about it?

mamaada

Asked by mamaada at 1:01 PM on Mar. 9, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• yes sounds like it, my daughter is 13 now and getting them again, she got them quite a bit when she was younger. I just gave her either motrin or tylenol - it helped
    New2Florida

Answer by New2Florida at 1:21 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Yes it could be growing pains. My husband had terrible pains in his knees as a kid. The doctor suggested to his mom to get some cowboy boots because the slight heel helps with the alignment of the spine. Once they got the boots, the pains went away.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:03 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• It maybe growing pains. My daughter has pains in her shins and turns out she has shin splints as per her doctor. I give her motrin for the pain. Have you placed a call to your childs doctor just to ask?
    happynewyorker

Answer by happynewyorker at 1:18 PM on Mar. 9, 2010