Up with contractions all night and now nothing?!

Last night from about 9pm until 2am I was having contractions off and on. Some were as far as 20 minutes apart while others were as close as 3 minutes. I got all excited thinking that I would get to meet my little girl soon and now nothing. I woke up feeling tired, but no pains or cramps or anything. What the heck?! So, what's the chance of her coming anytime soon? With my son I never had that many contractions until I was in full blown labor.

Krystal.Ingalls

Asked by Krystal.Ingalls at 1:11 PM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You sound like me...Braxton hicks have been soooo bad with this one...i didnt really have them with my son..but this is my 2nd and they have knocked me off my feet a couple times!! How far along are you? ive heard that BHs are worse after youve already had a child and from my experience this is true. Your body is starting to get ready, but that could mean next week or next month!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 1:38 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I'll be 37 weeks tomorrow. =) Thanks for letting me know I'm not alone!
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 1:51 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I'll be 38 weeks friday and have been having braxton hicks since I was 5 months along... My doctor told me yesterday that it'll be any day now, since I'm already dialated to a 2... Woke up with some bad ones last night and thought the same thing... But nothing today! lol
    Amy75972

Answer by Amy75972 at 3:29 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• that's totally normal. some women have that on-and-off for a few weeks. with you being 37 weeks, you could still go 5 more weeks! good luck =)
    Anonymous