After 2 c-sections can I have a VBAC?

I think I decided too hastily to just do a repeat c-section and now I really regret it! One of the things that was a deciding factor was I was scared I was going to deliver another 9 pounder and that made me nervous (I don't know why, other women do it just fine) and then the little booger came out 7lbs 5 oz! He was A LOT smaller!
Besides there's the fact that the recovery process is obviously a lot easier, I don't have to take meds, I can nurse immediately unlike with c-section, they were both hours old before I held them for the first time.
My question is, in a few years when we decide to have another baby, is it possible some doctors or midwives will let you have a VBAC after 2 c-sections? Is there a greater risk of uterine rupture that way?
Please don't judge or bash. Thanks.

marine_wife0520

Asked by marine_wife0520 at 1:22 PM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I would not ask a OB and go to http://ican-online.org/chapter/search (it wont let me link you) just copy and paste it on a new browser and do a search for your local group. Talk to the woman who been in many womans situations. I had two c-sections with both my daughters. I am pregnant again and i have a wonderful MIDWIFE who is going to be here at my house when i give birth. FYI no birthing center allows woman who had c-sections deliver there. It can only be at home or a hospital. If the hospital allows vbacs but i would be worried. Most obs who do allow it still interfear with the womans labor. Resulting in medication that you dont need. And making you lay on your back which is bad. I have a birthing pool where i will be giving birth. i suggest you at least go to the site and talk to people

aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 1:46 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• it would really depend on if your OB would do it, and if the hospital will allow it...
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 1:24 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• when you're closer to ttc, call around to ob's and hospitals and get connected to a patient rep and ask for the director of that, and interview and ask. I interviewed all of my hospitals and obs, that's how I felt comfortable with my deliveries.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 1:27 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I would ask my OB Doctor. Only a professional will know, based on your individal situation.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 1:35 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I had 2 c-sections-- this was almost 30 years ago, but at that time, if you had a section- all births would be a section. Now from what I hear -only if you have a up & down scar (not a across scar) you can ONLY have sections (4) -the across scar,you CAN have a Vag. birth
    Anonymous