Are there any jobs out there?

I am in So Cal.

dillonsma

Asked by dillonsma at 1:25 PM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Money & Work

• Tons... at least here. I have been looking for a part time job so I have checked out the local ads a lot. And even though I haven't found the perfect thing to fit my schedule, I see that there are tons of full time job listings. Most however require some education or tech school training. It's making me think about giong back to tech school. But it's that old catch 22 you know... you need money to go to school, you need education to get money. UGH!
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 1:32 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Ive just heard this morning that 16% of companies are re-hiring.
    Energ8zr

Answer by Energ8zr at 1:36 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I do have a degree and have applied for over 600 jobs in the past 8 months and nothing. I also live in so cal. Hmmmmm
    Anonymous

• I've got a list of good companies that I've used before online, you should start with the one at the top of my list, it's the best!

Earn Money Online

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 2:31 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I live in Southern California too. Jobs are very tough to find right now. Have you ever thought about working from home? I'm not sure what you're looking for, but I work from home and I absolutely LOVE what I do. I am a stay at home Mom to a 2 ½ year old and 1 year old. I work with a great team of Moms; we help each other create income from home. No parties, No inventory! WEEKLY PAY! FREE website, training, and UNLIMITED support!! Just A SAFE, SIMPLE, SENSIBLE, and SOLID ... NO-RISK HOME BUSINESS.
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!
    Erika
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms!
    Helping MOMS Work from Home since 1999!
    Check out my website
    http://www.4MyFamilyandMe.com/
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 3:09 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• The unemployment rate keeps going up and it is very discouraging. I do have a few suggestions, though (I do career and job search coaching).
    Number 1 is networking; Cafemom is a start, but you need to actively seek out people and groups that can help you meet people who can connect you to someone hiring. Less the half of the available positions are posted on the job boards; you need to get out and find the others. A profile on Linkedin is a must!
    Number 2 is having a great "elevator speech". This is a 15 second introduction on who you are and what you are looking for.
    Number 3 is a great resume that tells the reader who you are, what you can do, what you have accomplished, and how you can help.
    Number 4 is great coverletters tailored to the position/company.
    Number 5 is using one of the meta search sites, like Indeed or Simply Hired, to comb the job boards for you.

cont

Answer by rkoloms at 3:42 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions about resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview preparation.

There are lots of great tips in the CafeMom Job Hunting Moms group: http://www.cafemom.com/group/102837 

Answer by rkoloms at 3:43 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Hello,

It depends on what area you are looking for, however Encore Capital has jobs in California ranging from Talent Program Advisor to Business Systems Analyst. Its just finding the right job that fits your qualifications and skill set. Check out http://encore-jobs.com/ Hope this helps Good Luck!

ShanCiera44
    ShanCiera44

Answer by ShanCiera44 at 8:48 PM on Nov. 11, 2013