Does this seem petty to anyone else?

Not that I TRULY care, I'm just bored, and thought about seeing what y'all thought.

I went to high school with a girl named Tina. She is 3 years younger than me, but was one of those frosh that always followed you around, wore the same clothes, same haircut, etc. ( I was NOT a popular girl, but friends with everyone on the same friendship-level...) After high school, my XBF and I broke it off after 7 years of misery. This Tina took after and started dating my best friend, Josh. For 3 years they dated, and he stopped talking to me. He broke up with her due to her "depressing attitude" and she started dating my XBF of 7 years.

Ah, who cares, right?

Then, after about 6mos, they broke up, and now she's dating DH's best friend from college and always calling me, sending me emails to get together and hang out. I really don't want to...

Have you had a similar situation? How'd you respond?

I just ignore her...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:56 PM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• Three words... "Single, White, Female"
    Creepy.
    Anonymous

• jaw dropLOL, ANON! That's the first thing I thought of too!

Answer by admckenzie at 2:02 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• just had my 20th reunion and I TOTALLY relate-
    ignoring her wouldn't work with me personally, because often people don't get messages, there's a email problem, etc.
    so I would just keep contacting to make sure she got it-

I would respond and tell her that you are just too busy to do much socializing at this time. pretty much true-
    suggest things like adding each other on facebook and such- maybe she would just appreciate updates on how you are doing that you post on places like that.

But I do see what you mean- someone could be heck to you in High school, but then at the reunions they have amnesia and act like you were best friends. In some cases I think they remember, but feel guilty and want to make amends - when it's the latter I let them make nice.

though I admit that I did give one guy heck that was a problem in High school- then we toasted our new lives with a drink together- so maybe it will be OK. :)
    Anonymous

• oh man that is spooky!!!! Tell hubby that you're scared by her, if you say she's pyo dh will likely rise to her defense. Go the route "'she scares me hon I'm afraid she's going to show up in our lr someday!!!"

be careful don't answer her calls, don't encourage her. Keep hubby busy with family plans for just your own family. If she gets a job where hubby works, lol
    Anonymous

• I'm not afraid of her taking over my relationship, and I'd for sure put her in her place before any kind of attempt. It's just so strange, I feel like she's just following my every move. And she got a HUGE tattoo of her boyfriend's name, etc... I just don't know how to tell DH's best friend, (her boyfriend) she's a creeper... lol
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 2:27 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Lol, didn't mean to post anon... lol
    matobe