Did I get ripped off?

I feel like I didn't get what it was really worth, it was 28 pieces Lot of clothes good as new, no stains no tears, the brands were, adidas, nike, tommy hilfiger, disney, nba, sprokets, the childrens place and everything had his match. If I sold it for 30 but ebay ends up taking 5 dollars off cause of the fees plus another fee of the price it gets sold for and paypal another fee for receiving the money plus the shipping and I only get to stay with like 20 dollars instead of 30 would you feel bad if you were me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:16 PM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• That my dear is the issue with Ebay these days. The sellers fees are so high! AND buyers have to pay with Paypal which is just another scam!
    You could always put a reserve on a listing if there is a certain amount you must get for an item, other than that..it is a crap shoot.

Baby clothes do not get very much - I sold a lot of 80 pcs for 45.00 so I ended up with about 37.00 so you did not do too badly.
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 2:19 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Why don't you put them in the craigslist. there is no fee.
    Proud2bJmom

Answer by Proud2bJmom at 2:21 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• If you notice a lot of people on eBay jack up the price of shipping ot cover the cost of the fees, the paper the invoice is printed on, gas to the post office, etc. The fees are the price to pay for dealing with a site like eBay. Check out Craigslist, Live Simon, and eCrater. I believe they are all free to post.

Danni143

Answer by Danni143 at 2:31 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Ebay is an auction and it goes to the highest bidder. Just think if you had gotten two bidders fighting it out and ended up with $100 after fees. Would you be complaining then? Sure they have their fees but so does any auction house. Try selling at an auction house where it's 30% of what it sells for.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 2:47 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I sell a lot of stuff on ebay. The ebay & paypal fees are part of the shipping/handling charge. I don't actually charge anything to package it like some people do. I love PayPal and I use them for my regular business. Their credit card processing fees are some of the lowest out there, I can print shipping labels directly from the site AND I get a lot of bookkeeping bang for my buck.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 5:51 PM on Mar. 9, 2010