Breast full of milk- ouch

OK, long story short my breasts are producing milk and I got another negative HPT again this morning.
I'm going to see about seeing a doctor, but as far as I can tell I am not pregnant. I get acupuncture for hormones so my guess is that this is a side affect from that.
but all the same my breasts are producing milk or another fluid, they occasionally leak.
So I am very uncomfortable and am about to pull the breast pump out of storage so I can get some relief-
what do you ladies think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:20 PM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• A friend of mine had a similar problem. It was a hormone thing, but nothing dangerous. It did eventually resolve, but I don't remember if she had to do anything about it. The doc should be able to help you out. I wouldn't pump, because that would just increase it. You can try standing in the shower, and let the water run over your breasts and let the milk leak out. You can also try cool cabbage leaves and cool (not cold) compresses. I hope this helps some! Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:45 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Thank you-

maybe if I pumped I could use to for some of those expensive milk shakes the athletes pay so much for? ha ha!
    Anonymous

• My friend had her breast leaking and it was because of a benign lump on one of her glands. Out patient surgery no big deal. Do have it checked. It could be anything!
    Anonymous

• op- thanks! think I'll try the suggestions
    Anonymous