potty training - musical potty chairs.

just out of curiosity- has anyone every had those work the way they are supposed to?
I personally never used one- but my niece had one and the would just toss toys in it to make the play music- not sure if she ever used it for it's intended purpose- and I see women on this site say that their kids just stand in it and dance to the music-

anyone?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:35 PM on Mar. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• We have a muscial potty chair. That thing goes off even when no one is peeing it!
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 3:03 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• None of the potty chairs have worked on my kids. They all(the 2 that are potty trained) wanted to use the "big kid potty" & not the "baby potty".
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 2:37 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• OP-well, the regular ones were used - think because we talked it up that it was the 'special potty-just for you' - baby brother used it while sitting in front of the TV-
    admit that was quite a sight-
    haven't thought of that for a long time- he's 29 now - maybe I should tease him a bit..................
    Anonymous

• LOL, I tried the thing where they could potty any where. Still did not work. They wanted the "big kid potty"(there saying) with the door closed.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 2:44 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• op- maybe you have a ghost lil angel100 :)
    Anonymous

• We have one. It works great. My kids love music, so to have a musical reward to them its amazing. My son is 17mo and pees in the potty chair all the time and when the music plays he goes nuts, he loves it. It's really reinforcing him to use the potty.
    KandiceN

Answer by KandiceN at 3:08 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I agree with lil angel... My son's musical potty just goes off. He barely used it, he also wants to go in the big potty. So he uses his potty chair as a foot stool to stand on so he can pee in the big potty.
    momma_marian

Answer by momma_marian at 3:12 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• some stand alone potty's come in handy for the kids who have tiny tushies or are still a bit short, but I dont like the ones with the bells and whistles. you want it to look like a toilet, not a toy. my son's grandma bought a 3 in 1 potty by safety 1st and it really sucks. the latch which holds the top on (which can be used as a step stool) cracked and broke, so it isnt useful anymore since standing on an unsturdy broken potty isnt very safe ("safety 1st? hahaha yeah right). and I read many reviews that the sensor which plays sounds when contacted with pee/poo rusts very easily. we are sticking to the big potty insert and a separate stool when my son is ready to potty train. I still look around at the stand alone potty's, but every store in town has the same ones and they are all musical
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:41 PM on Mar. 9, 2010