Are Adam & Eve in Hell?

And if they are, why didn't God warn them that they would go to hell? All God told them was that they would die.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:57 PM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Fictional characters can be in whatever fictional place you want them to be.
    Anonymous

• hmmm write a newspaper article on God for your local paper and interview several clergy in your area, people would probably be interested in different churches viewpoints.
    Anonymous

• Only God knows.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 3:12 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• But that's just it...they were perfect and God said they would die, no mention of an Eternally Tormenting Hellfire, it's because there isn't one and Adam and Eve are dead, they no longer exist, we don't have immortal souls and that's why we need the Resurrection hope. all those in God's memory or Book of remembrance....

Cont.
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 3:24 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Several times “book” is used figuratively, as in the expressions “your [God’s] book” (Ex 32:32), “book of remembrance” (Mal 3:16), and “book of life” (Php 4:3; Re 3:5; 20:15). It appears that these are all basically the same, that is, they are all God’s “book” of remembrance with a view to rewarding with eternal life (in heaven or on earth) the ones whose names are written in it. God’s “book” evidently receives names conditionally, since the Scriptures indicate that a person’s name can be ‘wiped out’ of it. (Ex 32:32, 33; Re 3:5) So only if a person continues faithful is his name retained in the book
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 3:25 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I don't think that Adam and Eve represent literal people. I think the story of creation is more to try to explain the human condition, rather than trying to be an actual historic representation...

All that aside, though, if there really WERE an Adam and Eve, I don't believe they'd be subjected to hell. And that's not just because I don't believe in hell - God gave them their punishment, it didn't say anything in the Bible about Him punishing them further with hell, so there's no real reason to believe that's where they ended up, if they really existed.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 3:31 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• From what I understand you go to heaven for believing in God. Just because Adam and Eve sinned didn't make them non believers. Last I checked people don't go to hell for sinning. They were told there punishment was death. Therefore they are dead but I would assume in Heaven. That's my thoughts on it anyways.
    Anonymous

• The death they experienced was not physical but spiritual , I believe they are in Heaven; They never denied God but they disobeyed Him.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 4:09 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

I agree... we are ALL sinners... that doesn't mean that we go to Hell. As long as they lived their lives according to God, I would assume they go to Heaven. 

missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 5:10 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• The death they experienced was not physical but spiritual
    -------------
    Where does the Bible say this? I will believe it if you can show it to me. says Immortal soul theology entered the church when pagans converted to Christianity. In an attempt to hold onto certain beliefs, early church fathers (Athenagoras,Tertullian,ect) wrote them into doctrine. If the righteous are rewarded at death, what need is there for the resurrection? For putting on immortality at Christ's appearing? (1 Cor. 15:50-58) Why will Jesus bring our rewards with Him when He comes? (Rev 22:12) Why did Jesus tell His disciples that He would see them when He comes for them instead of "I'll see you when you die"?(John 14:1-3)
    cont.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 5:20 PM on Mar. 9, 2010