i finally did it.....

a month or so ago i asked everyone some advice on my little cousins being in foster care with my grandparents. i witnessed my grandmother hitting my 12 year old cousin for not folding his laundry fast enough.i was going to report it then however many of you made a very strong point that if i report it the boys may be seperated. since, the 13 year has attempted suicide twice, and the physical "punishment" has continued and escalated to the point that thismorning the 12 year old was pulled from his top bunk to the floor by his arm and kicked because he was crying! both boys have fetal alcohol syndrome and are difficult children....the oldest also has ausbergers syndrome(a form of autism). thismorning i called and reported the abuse. what are your thoughts? did i do the right thing here?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:10 PM on Mar. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• YES!! Of course you did. No child deserves that kind of "punshiment." My cousins were taken from their mother for neglect and they were never seperated. Even though I dont get to talk to them anymore because they have been adopted, I know they are in a much better enviroment. They both are doing great in school and are both happy. It really is whats best for the children.
    Sophie4910

Answer by Sophie4910 at 3:17 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• You absolutely did the right thing. Are there any family members who can take them in?

Answer by rkoloms at 3:28 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Oh these poor boys. .imagine what their lives have been filled with.. oh that makes me sad>!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:48 PM on Mar. 9, 2010