Does anyone of you have angry teens? How long ago did it start?

What have you done to help this? I need some advise.

Thank you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:22 PM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• yes...anger is a normal emotion. I always taught my children that is not wrong to have feelings--no matter what you feel.
    Usually there is a source for the anger. I just had to wait it out. My oldest girl--it started when she was 15 went till 19.
    Just alot of love and alot of patience.
    and yes, if you confront them it can lead to more anger...hopefully they will come to you. Let them know that you are there for them...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:44 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Anger is not a normal emotion. Have you tried asking your teen why she/he is so angry? I strongly urge you to get your teen professional help.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:30 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Depends on your situation of angry. There's angry physically violent, there's angry verbally abusive and there's a combination of that. There's also angry teen hormonal frustrated because of lack of a girlfriend, bad sports game, drugs, alcohol. Being gay can cause extreme anger from not being able to be true to themselves too.

Ask his teachers about his attitude in classes, in the gym locker room, in the lunch room, his sports coach, on the bus. If he's only angry at home and not at school, that's an idea it's in the home.

My kids are twenties and teens, 3. one son and two daughters. One of my kids had no problems talking with me most of the time. The other two did good finally when we started writing our thoughts to each other instead of talking them out. It was less emotional that way.

Try that and get counseling first for yourself to see about tricks for calmness in his upsets. Then bring him in to it.
    Anonymous

• Anger is a human emotion and sometimes its everything that cannot be spoken anger is the last bastion for something a person or child cannot say. When my son was angry we had to give his anger a voice because he could not and if that voice is a counselor so be it but anger is a real feeling and it is as real as you or me. Ask him what he needs to deal with it and find someone for him to talk to about it.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:21 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• All of you ladies are awesome. God bless you! I am seeking couseling soon and yes hope to bring him in to it too.
    Anonymous

• We all get angry from time to time. My kids did occasionally too. But they were so busy with school, getting good grades, playing sports, having a job to earn money for college they didn't have time to get angry and feel sorry for themselves. They just filled their days with positive activties and spent time at home with us.
    I am wondering what your kids are angry about????
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 9:30 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• rkoloms, STOP IT.

Anger IS a normal emotion. But there are limits for angry behavior. MOST teenagers go through what we call "teen angst". If your teen is not hurting themselves or anyone else, just let them go through it. If there are no dangerous or otherwise troubling behaviors, there's really nothing to worry about. When you corner your teen when they are just going through angst, you make them even more angry. Continue to show them love, support, and discipline, and it will pass.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 9:49 PM on Mar. 9, 2010