Precious

did you watch it? is it as intense as you thought? ...wat are your thought s on it?...for me: i just watched it last night and i honestly felt emotionally drained i left at the ending when mo'nique started talking..it was a bit too intense for me.I know its a movie but its just the fact that things like this are happening to ppl everyday and it goes by silenced and unnoticed

mommy16love

Asked by mommy16love at 3:24 PM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Entertainment

• I felt exactly the way you did. Emotionally drained! OMG! She deserved that Oscar.
    Ann_Ony_Mouse

Answer by Ann_Ony_Mouse at 3:27 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I was going to order on Movies on Demand tonight...but now I'm having second thoughts! Is there a lot of violence?
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 3:37 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Fallaya-do you know the premise of the movie? Not a lot of violence, but some very difficult subject matter...
    Ann_Ony_Mouse

Answer by Ann_Ony_Mouse at 3:56 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I was happy that they made a movie like this, I hope people will see it and learn from it .

You can break free from families who keep you down. They do not want you to get educated and move out. They get paid for keeping you home Dumb and with babies.

I think that is the message is how welfare(government) keeps you down and lazy.

I have a niece like Precious , she does get abused by her mom, and she will not break free. The money they get from the government is to good and she has 3-babies with no dad around that = $$$$$ That is welfare for you!!!

This a great movie and they should show it in high schools.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 4:48 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Uh, I had an abusive mom that hit and called me names and screamed like her. I didn't have the sexual abuse. Either way, I was in tears. No one deserves to live like that. I finally at 29, left with my 9y/o son from my mom's house. I was def. drained. I am going to buy the book next, i was reading a few pages into it and it is more intense than the movie.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:56 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• The book is much more intense than the movie. My mom read the book and she cried walking into the movie theater to watch it. Because she knew. I watched it alright and I gotta tell you the fact that this happens more often than ppl think and its silenced and ignored just pisses me off.

If you have a heart and u plan on watching this movie, here's my advice: Of course the kiddies have to be in another room. Stock up on kleenex, your gonna need it... and grab a blanket or a pillow.. your gonna want something to hold on to every now and then.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 7:22 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Precious's mother sexually abused her?? I guess the answer would be considered a "spoiler". Can someone PM me the answer?
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 8:24 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• If you are going to read the book, please be be aware that it is substantially more graphic than the book.
    MSWAY0603

Answer by MSWAY0603 at 8:08 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Fallaya NO she did not
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:01 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I watched it and feel traumatized I wanted to stab that woman in the eye the entire movie (Monique) and to not tell her daughter her rapist was HIV positive until after she brought 2 babies in to the world by him. I think it is based on a true story? That upset me even more
    Crystal8327

Answer by Crystal8327 at 10:10 AM on Mar. 10, 2010