Anyone drive a Ford Expedition

We are thinking about getting a 2000 Ford Expedition. If you have one can you tell me what you like and don't like about it
Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:30 PM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I used too. I likes that it had a lot of room. And that you are sitting up high and can see all around. I didn't like that it cost about $40 to fill up and I had to do it every week. Now I drive a small chevy aveo that only costs $20 to fill and I fill it once every three weeks. But I also only have one child so I don't need a big vehicle. Otherwise I loved my explorer and if money was no object I would have gotten another one.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 3:35 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• DH drives a 2003 Ford Expedition. The roominess is awesome, but the gas mileage sucks lemons. We have a DVD player in the ceiling. It's great for long drives. There is a third row seat for when we need a lot of people. It's kind of high though, so make sure it has that running step thingie on the side (don't know what it's really called.) I don't personally like being the driver because it feels huge.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:25 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• i used to, and yea they are roomy, but now ive realized ford is bad quality. little things always mess up. the worse thing was the air bags(that hold the expo up) messed up, so the back part dropped and would hardly pick up. going over any bump would make the thing rock and jump like crazy. idk if 2000 models have them but get that checked if u can
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 4:48 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I'm a big Ford fan, but I really don't recommend an Expedition. If you want a bigger vehicle, try an Explorer, or even a Freestyle, or a Jeep Cherokee. But if you're set on a massive gas guzzler, I prefer a Chevy Suburban, or even Dodge Durango. Definitely not an Excursion! Still a gas guzzler, but a 4-door F-150 is really really nice too - I loved mine! Went from an Explorer to a Windstar to an F-150 to a Freestyle - I'm torn between the F-150 and the Freestyle for my favorite vehicle. (Yes, I've either owned or driven for a good amount of time - couple of months at the least - all the vehicles I've mentioned.)
    Anonymous

• I'm the OP I need a big car I have 7 kids 2 in car seats still and soon will have a grand-baby too
    Anonymous

• I don't know about bad for quality. I had two. We got them both used (they were my fathers). The first one lasted 300,000 miles and the second 274,000. I think that's pretty good.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 9:47 PM on Mar. 9, 2010