eczema

Does anyone had experience with eczema ,my daughter has eczema she is two month old and i feel davistated is it so bad ,i heard it is not curable but will she always have red rash and i have to put creams all the time or it come and goes
what about the cradel cap will it go or it will be always there like the eczema

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:53 PM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Health

• my dd has eczema. sh is almost 3 now, uses avenno products. i dont bath dd i shower her. she is also on prescription medication
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 4:01 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I shouldn't bath her ?
    Anonymous

• i bathe my ds everyday and he has eczema, now that he's 6 months old and eating baby food, he gets a bath sometimes 2 times a day so anyways...bathing isn't a problem as long as you keep the baby moisturized and the cradle cap will eventually go away but try a mild dandruff shampoo, i washed my baby's hair every other day with dandruff shampoo and on the "off days" i just washed his hair with water....he has no cradle cap now but still has eczema and the aveeno lotions work really well
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 4:16 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Keep baths short and infrequent. Put coconut oil on the afflicted areas. Cut out dairy until you are finished breastfeeding.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:47 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• my oldest has eczema, there's nothing much you can do, he's got it so bad, he's got scabs all over and sometimes it gets worse when the seasons change. cradle's cap goes away, i think someone once told me that if you put veggie oil on it, it should be easy to come off but dont pick at it.

eczema is something a human has to overcome him/herself when they get older
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 5:00 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Do you formula feed? Breastfeed? A 2 month old with eczema could have a milk protein intolerance. This is not a milk allergy, it's an intolerance. If you are formula feeding, speak with your ped about changing to nutramagin or alimentum(only 2 formulas without cow milk proteins). Soy has cow milk proteins in it so it dosen't help. If you are breastfeeding you need to contact a dietician who can give you a cow milk protein free diet. Keep the baby off cow milk proteins for 6 to 9 months then gradually add to your diet/baby's diet. This usually clears the problem. There is no allergy test for cow milk protein intolerance. The only way to tell if your baby has cow milk protein intolerance is to stop all cow milk protein. If in 2 to 3 weeks the eczema is better that is what the problem is. Good luck!
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 7:15 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• My youngest sweet boy had a terrible case - if you are BFing, cut out dairy, including eggs, if you are FFing, try a soy-based one. Use the dermatologist's protocol for keeping your baby hydrated - bathe in lukewarm water a few times a day for at least 10 minutes, do not towel dry, immediately upon removing from the bath, slather with a cream like Glaxal (non-lanolin, non-scented, hypoallergenic), if you live in a dry and/or cold climate, put vaseline on top of the glaxal cream. You can slather them head to toe - the cradle cap will subside. Just a note - my son is now 3 and still has severe allergies. This is not always the case, but definitely something for you to keep in mind. I also would suggest you watch what you dress them in - 100% cotton is best and use the baby detergent. I once put a polyester outfit on my son and he broke out in a rash all over his body within 15 minutes....watch your bedding as well...
    LisaLulu

Answer by LisaLulu at 8:04 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• it is very likely that she doesnt actually have eczema. a lot of kids are diagnosed with eczema when really they are sensitive to chemicals. Most people dont know (i didnt even know until about 6 months ago) that most baby shampoos (yes, even johnsons) has formaldehyde in it. If it sounds familiar, it because its the stuff that they use to embalm dead bodies and tissues like we dissected in biology class. It can cause a lot of health problems (allergies, breathing problems, ADD/ADHD, etc) but one of the main ones is skin conditions like eczema. My son had it and i swear i tried everything on him. We made the switch to naturally based products and all it took was one wash of the natural shampoo and body wash and the "eczema" was gone and it never came back. it was crazy. check out http://www.HealthSafeAndClean.com there is some good info there and you can request more info if you want to know about natural options.
    Des10ed2b

Answer by Des10ed2b at 9:33 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• thanks ladies but will i am puting creams and trying to keep her moisterized will this help to make it go away when she gets older
    forthe time being i am giving her a antiallergic milk(Formula) and i don't eat anything that may cause allergy since i breast feed her too
    i dress her with cotton iremoved the plants from the house as a precaution to avoid asthma
    and it will always be there or it will come and go ?
    i am really lost and so scared
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:11 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• for american sugar 80i heard oils is not good it will make the eczema worse since it trapes more heat in the body and may god cure you child . hope he gets better
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:13 AM on Mar. 10, 2010