circumcision questions!?

my son is 1month and almost 1week old. we got him circumcised when he was 8 days old. i was told to change the gaze and put vasaline on every diaper change, and to leave the small strip of gauze on until the 3rd day and then give him a bath, and to put antibiotic ointment on the gauze until he heals. well thats exactly what we did. and it looked like it was pretty much done healing last week so we stopped putting the ointment and gauze. but now the skin on head of his penis looks like its starting to peal, but it doesnt look dry. and every other diaper has a small dot of blood on it where his penis was. do i need to take him to the dr?? has any one else experienced this with their son? how long did it take for ur sons circumcision to heal?? please help, im really starting to get worried:/

momma_2b_2010

Asked by momma_2b_2010 at 4:03 PM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• should i start using the ointment again??
    momma_2b_2010

Answer by momma_2b_2010 at 4:03 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• it took my so about 2 wks. he got it done at 2 days old. call the doctor, but i think using the ointment again is a good idea
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 4:05 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Call your doctor today and No my son did not have this problem.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 4:07 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• my baby didn't have this problem either, but his doctor said to call if he wasn't healed in a few weeks & with any kind of blood, i'd call the doctor, you can never be too safe when it comes to your baby, GL i hope he's okay
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 4:11 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• it could not be done healing and the drop of blood could be if you stopped using ointment it is sticking to his diaper and ripping apart when you change it, i used ointment till the tube was empty lol
    joycegina

Answer by joycegina at 4:33 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I'd double check with the doc. Also, I believe (not 100% sure thought) that once it's fully healed, you'll need to pull the skin back in order to avoid adhesions.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 4:37 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I think you should call dr. as well... i didn't have to do any of that for ds though... they did the ring for ds...
    jean_marie1987

Answer by jean_marie1987 at 5:42 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• yea we went threw a few tubes of neosporin. is it ok to use a & d ointment?
    momma_2b_2010

Answer by momma_2b_2010 at 7:10 PM on Mar. 9, 2010